Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Jobs vs preservationists
Steve Jobs is set to make yet another attempt to demolish his historic house in Woodside, California, according to the San Jose Mercury News. Previous attempts to destroy the "Jackling House" met with resistance from a preservationist group, Uphold Our Heritage, that argued the 85-year-old property should be restored or sold to a buyer willing to renovate. The home sits on six acres of wooded land, with 30 rooms, 14 bedrooms and 13.5 bathrooms. The original architect, George Washington Smith, utilized the Spanish Colonial Revival Style.
Flip Ultra HD Leaked
Pure Digital is about to release its second pocket video camera with HD, a report from a buyer who purchased ahead of launch has confirmed. The Flip Ultra HD is expected to have the same 720p recording and 4GB (2 hours) of storage as the Flip Mino HD but the same form factor as the standard-definition Flip Ultra. Allowing the extra bulk will give it both HDMI video output as well as a larger screen and an accessible battery compartment that accepts AA batteries.
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...Narrative Clip
With the advent of social media technology, people have been searching for new ways to share the events of their daily lives -- be it ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 20 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 12 replies
- Dell teases world's first 27-inch 5K computer monitor - 11 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Apple cagey about Watch battery life, working on improvements - 10 replies
- Shareholder files suit against Cook, executives over e-book collusion - 10 replies