Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Encrypt Mail for Mac
Apimac has released an e-mail encryption application, Encrypt Mail. The software is designed for both business and personal purposes, allowing users to send encrypted e-mails and attachments. A drag-and-drop feature automatically processes and sends content after files are dragged over the recipient's name. All Mac users will receive the e-mail or attachment as a DMG password-protected file. The contacts list is kept separate from the Mac's built in Address Book.
MS Asks 15 for XP Netbooks
Microsoft's determination to wrest control of netbooks from Linux has seen it drop the bulk price of Windows XP for the systems to under $15 per copy, according to a leak from an unnamed source. Although Microsoft has never publicly disclosed its pricing for netbook licenses, the Wall Street Journal now hears that a copy of XP Home for the budget portables is less than a third the price of a Windows Vista copy for a typical notebook, which costs the PC maker between $50 and $60 per copy in large batches. The price is well below the usual $30 asked for the Starter Edition of Windows, which is meant for PCs in the developing world.
AttendeesAlerter 1.3 ($15) is a utility that can send reminder e-mails to contacts listed within an iCal event. The application periodically checks through a user's iCal events, searches for assigned contacts and sends a reminder e-mail using Apple's Mail application. The update includes a fix for a minor bug. [Download - 5.4MB]
Smartbands of all sorts are hitting the market. Some build on the buzz around fitness trackers, while others offer simpler features fo ...RocketStor 6324L Thunderbolt 2 eSATA bridge
Like it or not, the shift to Thunderbolt is underway. The connection is extremely flexible, allowing for video and data to co-habitate ...Patriot Stellar Boost XT 64GB USB 3.0 drive
A vast selection of USB memory sticks means that consumers can often find exactly the size drive they need in a configuration that can ...
10 Most Discussed
- Some users complain of iPhone 6 Plus bending in pockets - 23 replies
- Video shows two kids deliberately bending iPhones at Apple Store - 20 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 15 replies
- Person responsible for iOS 8.0.1 debacle also linked to iOS 6 Maps - 14 replies
- FBI Director Comey worried Apple, Google encryption 'above the law' - 12 replies
- Apple releases fix for 'Shellshock' Unix flaw - 12 replies
- Apple Watch will be able to control Apple TV, says Cook - 11 replies
- Fixed iOS 8.0.2 now live; bent iPhone 6 Pluses may get replaced [u] - 11 replies
- Prescheduled social media posts from Joan Rivers promote iPhone 6 - 11 replies
- Home Depot transaction security reportedly ramshackle since 2008 - 10 replies