Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Encrypt Mail for Mac
Apimac has released an e-mail encryption application, Encrypt Mail. The software is designed for both business and personal purposes, allowing users to send encrypted e-mails and attachments. A drag-and-drop feature automatically processes and sends content after files are dragged over the recipient's name. All Mac users will receive the e-mail or attachment as a DMG password-protected file. The contacts list is kept separate from the Mac's built in Address Book.
MS Asks 15 for XP Netbooks
Microsoft's determination to wrest control of netbooks from Linux has seen it drop the bulk price of Windows XP for the systems to under $15 per copy, according to a leak from an unnamed source. Although Microsoft has never publicly disclosed its pricing for netbook licenses, the Wall Street Journal now hears that a copy of XP Home for the budget portables is less than a third the price of a Windows Vista copy for a typical notebook, which costs the PC maker between $50 and $60 per copy in large batches. The price is well below the usual $30 asked for the Starter Edition of Windows, which is meant for PCs in the developing world.
AttendeesAlerter 1.3 ($15) is a utility that can send reminder e-mails to contacts listed within an iCal event. The application periodically checks through a user's iCal events, searches for assigned contacts and sends a reminder e-mail using Apple's Mail application. The update includes a fix for a minor bug. [Download - 5.4MB]
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- Dropbox CEO: Steve Jobs wanted to buy us, tried to kill us - 16 replies
- One-off (Product) RED Mac Pro fetches $977,000 at auction - 13 replies
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 11 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- WD Black 2 Dual Drive combines SSD, HDD into non-hybrid format - 6 replies