Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Nikon D90 Review
When Nikon released the D90 DSLR, it promised a huge step towards the future of the mid-range digital photography with the release of a 12.3-megapixel camera that combined high image quality with options that would still appeal to beginners or simply curious creatives, such as live previews and (for the first time in a DSLR) HD video. Electronista takes a look at the D90 and its 18-105mm VR lens kit in a full review to see whether the camera succeeds on all fronts.
OLPC XO-1 Goes to VIA
The One Laptop Per Child project tonight said it would overhaul the XO-1 with a major internal upgrade. The Gen 1.5 update will drop the AMD Geode processor that has been used since launch and instead use a VIA C7-M with a clock speed that varies between 400MHz and 1GHz depending on the amount of heat. By making the swap, OLPC also gets a new chipset that adds 3D acceleration, HD video decoding and surround sound. The combined design is meant to consume no more energy than the current XO-1 while active but to use less power while idle, run faster, and (through component cost drops) ultimately reduce the price.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 12 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 7 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- CalDigit reveals $200 Thunderbolt Station 2 - 6 replies
- Apple to charge VAT per-country at European App Stores - 6 replies
- Apple rejects conclusions of BBC expose showing supply chain abuses - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies