Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ATT E71x and Propel Pro
AT&T tonight launched a pair of new smartphones to headline its CTIA phone show efforts. The Nokia E71x is one of the first modern Nokia smartphones to reach the carrier subsidized and comes both in a one-off, all-black color scheme and with support for AT&T's own services, including the option of using AT&T Navigator with the GPS instead of Nokia Maps. It continues to sport the 3.2-megapixel camera, 3G and Wi-Fi of the reference version reviewed here but will be significantly less expensive, selling for $100 on a two-year plan with a rebate.
AT&T tonight supported its phone launches with twomid-range Samsung offerings, including what it says is the first-ever US phone to use an AMOLED display. The Impression's 3.2-inch touchscreen uses the organic technology to improve its color accuracy and brightness compared to an LCD; it also adds haptic feedback to simulate physical button presses. A full, slide-out QWERTY keyboard makes it one of the few non-smartphone devices in the US to get such advanced controls. Samsung further gives the phone a 3-megapixel camera, 3G and a microSDHC slot that handles up to 16GB cards. The Impression is the first to ship of AT&T's CTIA launches and will be ready on April 7th for $200 on contract.
NEC Exits Non-Japan PCs
NEC this weekend said that it would quit selling PCs outside of its native Japan. The departure takes effect in July and follows similar plans for Africa, Europe and the Middle East announced last month. NEC is making the withdrawals following a predicted $2.96 billion loss for the past fiscal year and after it was concerned that cutting 20,000 jobs worldwide would not completely address its concerns.
Looking for a pair of headphones that can do everything a user requires is a task that can take some study. Trying to decide on in-ear ...MaxUpgrades 512GB Retina MacBook Pro SSD
Apple's Retina line of MacBook Pro notebooks have been impressive, right from their debut in 2012. Thinner than the previous model, t ...Lemur BlueDriver
"Oh no, the check engine light is on…again! What one of the hundreds of reasons could it be this time? Probably going to cost a for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple pursuing 'aggressive expansion' in enterprise market - 15 replies
- Opinion: Senator Ted Cruz off the mark with net neutrality comments - 15 replies
- Spotify paid over $2B in royalties, CEO responds to Taylor Swift - 12 replies
- FCC chairman rejects President's call for Title II ISP regulation - 11 replies
- Apple must face lawsuit over iMessage's lost texts, says Judge Koh - 10 replies
- AT&T could shelve gigabit fiber investments over net neutrality rules - 10 replies
- First Look: Apple iMac with 5K Retina Display - 10 replies
- Exclusive Analysis: iOS app storage limits across range of devices - 9 replies
- President Obama voices support for Title II reclassification of ISPs - 9 replies
- GT says Apple pulled 'bait-and-switch' in newly unsealed documents - 8 replies