Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ATT E71x and Propel Pro
AT&T tonight launched a pair of new smartphones to headline its CTIA phone show efforts. The Nokia E71x is one of the first modern Nokia smartphones to reach the carrier subsidized and comes both in a one-off, all-black color scheme and with support for AT&T's own services, including the option of using AT&T Navigator with the GPS instead of Nokia Maps. It continues to sport the 3.2-megapixel camera, 3G and Wi-Fi of the reference version reviewed here but will be significantly less expensive, selling for $100 on a two-year plan with a rebate.
AT&T tonight supported its phone launches with twomid-range Samsung offerings, including what it says is the first-ever US phone to use an AMOLED display. The Impression's 3.2-inch touchscreen uses the organic technology to improve its color accuracy and brightness compared to an LCD; it also adds haptic feedback to simulate physical button presses. A full, slide-out QWERTY keyboard makes it one of the few non-smartphone devices in the US to get such advanced controls. Samsung further gives the phone a 3-megapixel camera, 3G and a microSDHC slot that handles up to 16GB cards. The Impression is the first to ship of AT&T's CTIA launches and will be ready on April 7th for $200 on contract.
NEC Exits Non-Japan PCs
NEC this weekend said that it would quit selling PCs outside of its native Japan. The departure takes effect in July and follows similar plans for Africa, Europe and the Middle East announced last month. NEC is making the withdrawals following a predicted $2.96 billion loss for the past fiscal year and after it was concerned that cutting 20,000 jobs worldwide would not completely address its concerns.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 8 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies