Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ATT E71x and Propel Pro
AT&T tonight launched a pair of new smartphones to headline its CTIA phone show efforts. The Nokia E71x is one of the first modern Nokia smartphones to reach the carrier subsidized and comes both in a one-off, all-black color scheme and with support for AT&T's own services, including the option of using AT&T Navigator with the GPS instead of Nokia Maps. It continues to sport the 3.2-megapixel camera, 3G and Wi-Fi of the reference version reviewed here but will be significantly less expensive, selling for $100 on a two-year plan with a rebate.
AT&T tonight supported its phone launches with twomid-range Samsung offerings, including what it says is the first-ever US phone to use an AMOLED display. The Impression's 3.2-inch touchscreen uses the organic technology to improve its color accuracy and brightness compared to an LCD; it also adds haptic feedback to simulate physical button presses. A full, slide-out QWERTY keyboard makes it one of the few non-smartphone devices in the US to get such advanced controls. Samsung further gives the phone a 3-megapixel camera, 3G and a microSDHC slot that handles up to 16GB cards. The Impression is the first to ship of AT&T's CTIA launches and will be ready on April 7th for $200 on contract.
NEC Exits Non-Japan PCs
NEC this weekend said that it would quit selling PCs outside of its native Japan. The departure takes effect in July and follows similar plans for Africa, Europe and the Middle East announced last month. NEC is making the withdrawals following a predicted $2.96 billion loss for the past fiscal year and after it was concerned that cutting 20,000 jobs worldwide would not completely address its concerns.
When it comes to music on the go, consumers generally have some options to consider when looking for the best experience. While Blueto ...Pure Jongo T2 wireless speaker
Multi-room audio compatibility is a key metric for wireless sound systems these days. The entry cost into a house-spanning system can ...Logitech Z213 multimedia speakers
Desktop computer speakers sit in a weird area of limbo: many consumers have forgone the era of desktop listening for the privacy and v ...
10 Most Discussed
- Oregon Apple Store 'slur' incident being investigated - 31 replies
- Opinion: Why the Apple iWatch will succeed (Part 1) - 17 replies
- Opinion: Hachette and Amazon fight, who loses? - 12 replies
- T-Mobile announces plan to throttle those abusing 'unlimited' data - 11 replies
- Judge rejects proposed $324.5M anti-poaching case settlement - 11 replies
- NewerTech accessory fools 'headless' Mac minis into turning on GPU - 9 replies
- Disney latest victim of Amazon DVD pre-order denial - 8 replies
- Claim: Apple's iMessage accounts for 30 percent of all mobile spam - 8 replies
- Schematics suggest iPhone 6 may come in 16, 64, and 128GB models - 8 replies
- Apple issues diversity report, promises better gender/racial balance - 8 replies