Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ATT E71x and Propel Pro
AT&T tonight launched a pair of new smartphones to headline its CTIA phone show efforts. The Nokia E71x is one of the first modern Nokia smartphones to reach the carrier subsidized and comes both in a one-off, all-black color scheme and with support for AT&T's own services, including the option of using AT&T Navigator with the GPS instead of Nokia Maps. It continues to sport the 3.2-megapixel camera, 3G and Wi-Fi of the reference version reviewed here but will be significantly less expensive, selling for $100 on a two-year plan with a rebate.
AT&T tonight supported its phone launches with twomid-range Samsung offerings, including what it says is the first-ever US phone to use an AMOLED display. The Impression's 3.2-inch touchscreen uses the organic technology to improve its color accuracy and brightness compared to an LCD; it also adds haptic feedback to simulate physical button presses. A full, slide-out QWERTY keyboard makes it one of the few non-smartphone devices in the US to get such advanced controls. Samsung further gives the phone a 3-megapixel camera, 3G and a microSDHC slot that handles up to 16GB cards. The Impression is the first to ship of AT&T's CTIA launches and will be ready on April 7th for $200 on contract.
NEC Exits Non-Japan PCs
NEC this weekend said that it would quit selling PCs outside of its native Japan. The departure takes effect in July and follows similar plans for Africa, Europe and the Middle East announced last month. NEC is making the withdrawals following a predicted $2.96 billion loss for the past fiscal year and after it was concerned that cutting 20,000 jobs worldwide would not completely address its concerns.
It seems like no matter how much internal storage is included today's mobile devices, we, as users, will always find a way to fill th ...Brother HL-L8250CDN Color Laser Printer
When it comes to selecting a printer, the process is not exactly something most people put a lot of thought into. Printers are often t ...Moshi iVisor AG and XT for iPad Air 2
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...
10 Most Discussed
- In with the new: USB-C connector on new MacBook explained - 19 replies
- Latest MacBooks drop Windows 7 compatibility in Boot Camp - 18 replies
- Apple executives participate in, praise 'Becoming Steve Jobs' bio - 12 replies
- Apple Watch: how Apple Stores will handle the debut - 10 replies
- Hands On: Carbon Copy Cloner 4.0.6 (OS X) - 10 replies
- Briefly: Apple TV gains new channels, Pro Tools 12 changes pricing - 10 replies
- Legal barrage launched over FCC Open Internet regulation in DC courts - 10 replies
- Hands On: Fantastical 2 (OS X) - 9 replies
- Apple CEO asks Arkansas governor to veto 'right to discriminate' law - 9 replies
- Hands On: Downcast 2.8.28 (iOS) - 8 replies