Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Firefox 3.0.8 update
Mozilla has released an update to its popular web browser, Firefox 3.0.8. The company has dealt with two security issues marked as critical under its rating of importance. The first fix involves the XUL method in some cases triggering garbage collection routines on objects which were still in use. This resulted in possible browser crashes when attempting to access a previously destroyed object, and could be used to run harmful code on a person's computer.
Equinux has launched updates to both its SongGenie and CoverScout applications, and furthered their integration. SongGenie 1.1 adds the ability to apply all identified track information at once, instead of having to work on individual tracks, and features both a new mode that enables the program to try and identify and analyze track information automatically, and a function for people who keep music on external hard drives that allows users to include the archives when exporting.
MonsterQuest for Mac
Macgamestore has announced MonsterQuest for the Mac, a mystery and puzzle game developed by Canopy Productions and digitalBrandplay. During play, users take control of an investigative team required to determine if monsters are real, fantasy, or a hoax. Featuring five different monster cases, players must investigate eyewitness reports, examine hundreds of clues in photo realistic environments, and go into the field in search of evidence. In order to solve the mysteries users must perform lab tests, and solve various puzzles.
XML Author 3 update
Quark has announced XML Author 3, the latest version of its XML authoring tool that enables users to create XML content within Microsoft Word. Standing as a core component of Quark Dynamic Publishing software, the application provides both creation and editing tools for making XML content. Features in the update add support for Microsoft Word 2007 and Windows Vista, toolbar improvements, and new integration with Design Science's Math Type Editor for equations.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Apple Music subscriptions kill ALAC playback on iOS - 13 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- My Stupid Fault: don't look back in anger - 8 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 7 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Apple releases Diversity Report, minority hiring up - 7 replies
- Hands On: Twitter 3.1.0 (OS X) - 6 replies