Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Firefox 3.0.8 update
Mozilla has released an update to its popular web browser, Firefox 3.0.8. The company has dealt with two security issues marked as critical under its rating of importance. The first fix involves the XUL method in some cases triggering garbage collection routines on objects which were still in use. This resulted in possible browser crashes when attempting to access a previously destroyed object, and could be used to run harmful code on a person's computer.
Equinux has launched updates to both its SongGenie and CoverScout applications, and furthered their integration. SongGenie 1.1 adds the ability to apply all identified track information at once, instead of having to work on individual tracks, and features both a new mode that enables the program to try and identify and analyze track information automatically, and a function for people who keep music on external hard drives that allows users to include the archives when exporting.
MonsterQuest for Mac
Macgamestore has announced MonsterQuest for the Mac, a mystery and puzzle game developed by Canopy Productions and digitalBrandplay. During play, users take control of an investigative team required to determine if monsters are real, fantasy, or a hoax. Featuring five different monster cases, players must investigate eyewitness reports, examine hundreds of clues in photo realistic environments, and go into the field in search of evidence. In order to solve the mysteries users must perform lab tests, and solve various puzzles.
XML Author 3 update
Quark has announced XML Author 3, the latest version of its XML authoring tool that enables users to create XML content within Microsoft Word. Standing as a core component of Quark Dynamic Publishing software, the application provides both creation and editing tools for making XML content. Features in the update add support for Microsoft Word 2007 and Windows Vista, toolbar improvements, and new integration with Design Science's Math Type Editor for equations.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies