Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Firefox 3.0.8 update
Mozilla has released an update to its popular web browser, Firefox 3.0.8. The company has dealt with two security issues marked as critical under its rating of importance. The first fix involves the XUL method in some cases triggering garbage collection routines on objects which were still in use. This resulted in possible browser crashes when attempting to access a previously destroyed object, and could be used to run harmful code on a person's computer.
Equinux has launched updates to both its SongGenie and CoverScout applications, and furthered their integration. SongGenie 1.1 adds the ability to apply all identified track information at once, instead of having to work on individual tracks, and features both a new mode that enables the program to try and identify and analyze track information automatically, and a function for people who keep music on external hard drives that allows users to include the archives when exporting.
MonsterQuest for Mac
Macgamestore has announced MonsterQuest for the Mac, a mystery and puzzle game developed by Canopy Productions and digitalBrandplay. During play, users take control of an investigative team required to determine if monsters are real, fantasy, or a hoax. Featuring five different monster cases, players must investigate eyewitness reports, examine hundreds of clues in photo realistic environments, and go into the field in search of evidence. In order to solve the mysteries users must perform lab tests, and solve various puzzles.
XML Author 3 update
Quark has announced XML Author 3, the latest version of its XML authoring tool that enables users to create XML content within Microsoft Word. Standing as a core component of Quark Dynamic Publishing software, the application provides both creation and editing tools for making XML content. Features in the update add support for Microsoft Word 2007 and Windows Vista, toolbar improvements, and new integration with Design Science's Math Type Editor for equations.
Keeping an eye on the home while out and about these days is common practice, assisted by modern technology. Internet cameras became p ...Fugoo Bluetooth speaker
It's rare to find a Bluetooth speaker that can cover a large array of needs. Generally, speakers are wrapped in a desktop-convenient ...Epson LW-600P
Label makers are traditionally simple machines that perform a single task which people feel they can either live with or without. In m ...
10 Most Discussed
- Russia passes law requiring social media data be housed in-country - 15 replies
- Apple promises 'professional-grade' features in OS X Photos - 13 replies
- Facebook toys with the emotions of users in the name of science - 11 replies
- Los Angeles school district pulls plug on iPads, moves to laptops - 9 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Kantar: iPhone 5s, 5c outselling Samsung S5 in Europe - 9 replies
- MacNN testing: Microsoft domain seizure blocks VPN, allows odd traffic - 8 replies
- Video compares iPhone 6 cover panel versus iPhone 5s - 8 replies
- Privacy group files complaint with FTC over Facebook emotional study - 7 replies
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 ad attacks iPhone's need for 'wall hugging' - 6 replies