Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Samsung Memoir Feb 25
T-Mobile has used the prelude to MWC to publish official launch details for the Samsung Memoir. The 8-megapixel, xenon flash cameraphone will ship on the widely rumored February 25th launch date. T-Mobile also tells Electronista that the Memoir will technically cost less than the initially rumored price and should sell for $250 when linked to a two-year contract that requires a data plan but which also includes a $50 rebate.
Sony Ericsson Idou
Continuing its introductions, Sony Ericsson provided an early glance at the Idou, its second-ever full touchscreen phone. The handset will be one of the firm's first to be based on pure Symbian instead of UIQ and will use a custom touch interface with an emphasis on media playback. Appropriately, it will also have a 3.5-inch, 16:9 ratio display and appears to rely solely on the screen for keyboard input. Sony Ericsson can also claim to be the first with a 12-megapixel camera onboard a phone and will give the device both a xenon flash and a retractable lens cover.
Sony Ericsson W995
Sony Ericsson today started off Mobile World Congress early with a new high-end Walkman phone. Once known as the Hikaru, the W995 stands as the company's flagship non-touch media phone with an 8-megapixel camera, a larger than average 2.6-inch LCD, GPS mapping and Wi-Fi with DLNA support for sharing media on a local network. It also touts built-in stereo speakers, and comes bundled with an 8GB Memory Stick Micro card that holds a typical music library.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies