Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Rice University PCMOS
Rice University today used the International Solid-State Circuits Conference to reveal that it has tested a real-world example of a processor founded on probability math. Called a PCMOS (probability-based complementary metal-oxide semiconductor), the chip abandons the either/or Boolean logic of all current processors in favor of calculations that rely on the most likely answer in most cases. By avoiding a reliance on getting an exact answer when unnecessary, the CPU uses just a fraction of the power to accomplish the same work as today's chips; the example chip's voltage is dropped to where it consumes 30 times less power than an equivalent, ordinary CMOS processor.
Just Mobile Xtand Pro
Mobis Technology has released the latest in its line of mobile stands, Just Mobile Xtand Pro for the Mac. The new mobile stand is created completely out of aluminum (to help match the metal finish of the MacBook) and is made to fit any sized Mac. Just Mobile Xtand Pro comes complete with an adjustable bar that provides height-customization capabilities to help bring the Mac screen up to eye level, and includes rubber pads made for preventing the laptop from falling off.
Pocket Italian launched
Innovative Language Learning has released Pocket Italian and language learning apps in eight other languages. The apps are also available for Arabic, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Russian and will be available for English, German, and Spanish. They will be offered at four different levels of aptitude and will all be made available for purchase on iTunes during the month of February. The apps work using pre-recorded lessons and dialogues, self-recordings and dozens of pages of text-book style lesson notes with hours of audio, including compact versions of the company's educational podcasts.
Five years ago, we thought that by the end of 2013 there'd be a bigger market for e-book readers. Then, along came the tablet that Jo ...Sans Digital TowerRAID TR8M6G eSATA array
Regardless of what Cupertino would like us to believe with the new cylindrical Mac Pro, there are needs for vast amounts of hard-drive ...iHome Bluetooth iB75 Wireless Sports Earphone
Finding a good pair of headphones for a midnight jog is hard. An over the ear set is either flopping around on your head, falling off, ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple signals end of Snow Leopard support with Safari snub? - 17 replies
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- New Android ioPhone mimics Apple's iPhone 5c style - 15 replies
- Rumor: Microsoft to take on iPad mini with 1080p Surface mini - 12 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Report: Apple's 64-bit A7 chip 'stunned' the chipmaking industry - 10 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 10 replies
- Apple debuts 90-second holiday TV ad, 'Misunderstood' - 10 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies