Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Rice University PCMOS
Rice University today used the International Solid-State Circuits Conference to reveal that it has tested a real-world example of a processor founded on probability math. Called a PCMOS (probability-based complementary metal-oxide semiconductor), the chip abandons the either/or Boolean logic of all current processors in favor of calculations that rely on the most likely answer in most cases. By avoiding a reliance on getting an exact answer when unnecessary, the CPU uses just a fraction of the power to accomplish the same work as today's chips; the example chip's voltage is dropped to where it consumes 30 times less power than an equivalent, ordinary CMOS processor.
Just Mobile Xtand Pro
Mobis Technology has released the latest in its line of mobile stands, Just Mobile Xtand Pro for the Mac. The new mobile stand is created completely out of aluminum (to help match the metal finish of the MacBook) and is made to fit any sized Mac. Just Mobile Xtand Pro comes complete with an adjustable bar that provides height-customization capabilities to help bring the Mac screen up to eye level, and includes rubber pads made for preventing the laptop from falling off.
Pocket Italian launched
Innovative Language Learning has released Pocket Italian and language learning apps in eight other languages. The apps are also available for Arabic, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Russian and will be available for English, German, and Spanish. They will be offered at four different levels of aptitude and will all be made available for purchase on iTunes during the month of February. The apps work using pre-recorded lessons and dialogues, self-recordings and dozens of pages of text-book style lesson notes with hours of audio, including compact versions of the company's educational podcasts.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimately there's one thing we all want from smartphone accessories; we want options. When it comes to keeping our iPhone charged, w ...iHome iBT74 Color Changing Bluetooth Speaker
There's no reason why your tech can't look good while doing what it was designed to do. That's the reason that sports cars look goo ...Logitech Gaming Daedalus Prime Mouse
Logitech Gaming continues to expand upon its peripherals line, with each one looking to fit neatly into a breadth of gaming needs. Bui ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple Music launch cripples Home Sharing, alters iTunes Match - 17 replies
- Apple retracts App Store games with Confederate flag imagery [u] - 14 replies
- Review: Apple Watch - 14 replies
- Apple Music, iOS 8.4 update are on the air; servers hammered [u] - 11 replies
- Cue: Apple will pay royalties for three-month free Music trial - 11 replies
- Universal issues first full 'Steve Jobs' movie trailer - 9 replies
- Classic Mac OS System 7.5.5 made to run on Apple Watch - 9 replies
- Hands On: iOS 9 Preview for iPad Air 2 - 8 replies
- Apple updates OS X to 10.10.4; includes networking, Mail, Photos fixes - 8 replies
- Editorial: Pardon? You don't like Apple Music? - 7 replies