Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Rice University PCMOS
Rice University today used the International Solid-State Circuits Conference to reveal that it has tested a real-world example of a processor founded on probability math. Called a PCMOS (probability-based complementary metal-oxide semiconductor), the chip abandons the either/or Boolean logic of all current processors in favor of calculations that rely on the most likely answer in most cases. By avoiding a reliance on getting an exact answer when unnecessary, the CPU uses just a fraction of the power to accomplish the same work as today's chips; the example chip's voltage is dropped to where it consumes 30 times less power than an equivalent, ordinary CMOS processor.
Just Mobile Xtand Pro
Mobis Technology has released the latest in its line of mobile stands, Just Mobile Xtand Pro for the Mac. The new mobile stand is created completely out of aluminum (to help match the metal finish of the MacBook) and is made to fit any sized Mac. Just Mobile Xtand Pro comes complete with an adjustable bar that provides height-customization capabilities to help bring the Mac screen up to eye level, and includes rubber pads made for preventing the laptop from falling off.
Pocket Italian launched
Innovative Language Learning has released Pocket Italian and language learning apps in eight other languages. The apps are also available for Arabic, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Russian and will be available for English, German, and Spanish. They will be offered at four different levels of aptitude and will all be made available for purchase on iTunes during the month of February. The apps work using pre-recorded lessons and dialogues, self-recordings and dozens of pages of text-book style lesson notes with hours of audio, including compact versions of the company's educational podcasts.
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3500 projector
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple tipsters claim Apple electric minivan in the works - 12 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 10 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Hands On: Records 1.0 (OS X) - 8 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Apple investing $1.9 billion in two new European data centers - 7 replies
- Apple reportedly launching wide public beta of iOS 8.3 in May - 7 replies