Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Rice University PCMOS
Rice University today used the International Solid-State Circuits Conference to reveal that it has tested a real-world example of a processor founded on probability math. Called a PCMOS (probability-based complementary metal-oxide semiconductor), the chip abandons the either/or Boolean logic of all current processors in favor of calculations that rely on the most likely answer in most cases. By avoiding a reliance on getting an exact answer when unnecessary, the CPU uses just a fraction of the power to accomplish the same work as today's chips; the example chip's voltage is dropped to where it consumes 30 times less power than an equivalent, ordinary CMOS processor.
Just Mobile Xtand Pro
Mobis Technology has released the latest in its line of mobile stands, Just Mobile Xtand Pro for the Mac. The new mobile stand is created completely out of aluminum (to help match the metal finish of the MacBook) and is made to fit any sized Mac. Just Mobile Xtand Pro comes complete with an adjustable bar that provides height-customization capabilities to help bring the Mac screen up to eye level, and includes rubber pads made for preventing the laptop from falling off.
Pocket Italian launched
Innovative Language Learning has released Pocket Italian and language learning apps in eight other languages. The apps are also available for Arabic, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Russian and will be available for English, German, and Spanish. They will be offered at four different levels of aptitude and will all be made available for purchase on iTunes during the month of February. The apps work using pre-recorded lessons and dialogues, self-recordings and dozens of pages of text-book style lesson notes with hours of audio, including compact versions of the company's educational podcasts.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- F.lux developers pull sideloaded app following Apple's complaint - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Tim Cook addresses retail, commences 'inclusion training' company-wide - 7 replies