Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Flash for iPhone
Adobe's CEO, Shantanu Narayen, has suggested that his company is now working with Apple to develop a version of Flash that runs on the iPhone, according to an interview with Bloomberg. Narayen in March of 2008 explained the need to work closely with Apple for the project, as the software would necessitate a close relationship with Safari in addition to the iPhone SDK. Steve Jobs had considered Flash Lite as too limited in functionality, while the standard Flash player would not provide satisfactory performance using the limited resources of the mobile platform.
Shooter for the iPhone
Artificial Life in collaboration with Paramount pictures, has released an iPhone/iPod touch game based off of the movie Shooter. In the game players follow main character Sergeant Bob Lee Swagger who has been accused of trying to assassinate the president and must clear his name before he's killed. Shooter is designed as a first-person shooter game and uses the iPhone's accelerometer to enable players to zoom in on targets with binoculars or a scope. The graphics of the game are presented in high-quality 3D and provides players with a 180-degree adjustable 3D vision scope.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Jony Ive promoted to Chief Design Officer at Apple - 12 replies
- Man fined $120 for using Apple Watch while driving - 11 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 7 replies
- Pointers: Sign Your PDFs in Preview - 5 replies
- Apple rolls out Force Touch 15-inch MacBook Pro, new Retina iMac - 5 replies
- Pointers: Make 'Hey Siri' work on Apple Watch - 5 replies
- Pointers: Mastering the OS X Dock - 5 replies
- Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - 4 replies
- Adobe to discontinue iOS Photoshop Touch, plans successor apps [u] - 4 replies
- Editorial: FCC, lawsuits, Net Neutrality, and The Bill of Rights - 4 replies