Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Flash for iPhone
Adobe's CEO, Shantanu Narayen, has suggested that his company is now working with Apple to develop a version of Flash that runs on the iPhone, according to an interview with Bloomberg. Narayen in March of 2008 explained the need to work closely with Apple for the project, as the software would necessitate a close relationship with Safari in addition to the iPhone SDK. Steve Jobs had considered Flash Lite as too limited in functionality, while the standard Flash player would not provide satisfactory performance using the limited resources of the mobile platform.
Shooter for the iPhone
Artificial Life in collaboration with Paramount pictures, has released an iPhone/iPod touch game based off of the movie Shooter. In the game players follow main character Sergeant Bob Lee Swagger who has been accused of trying to assassinate the president and must clear his name before he's killed. Shooter is designed as a first-person shooter game and uses the iPhone's accelerometer to enable players to zoom in on targets with binoculars or a scope. The graphics of the game are presented in high-quality 3D and provides players with a 180-degree adjustable 3D vision scope.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 12 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 7 replies
- Apple to charge VAT per-country at European App Stores - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies
- CalDigit reveals $200 Thunderbolt Station 2 - 6 replies
- Apple rejects conclusions of BBC expose showing supply chain abuses - 6 replies