Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
HP Firefly Preview
HP will reveal a concept notebook at CES that acts a showcase for the future of desktop replacement notebooks, Laptop reveals in a hands-on preview. A prototype known as the Firefly carries the 17-inch display typical of many notebooks its size but centers on a multi-touch trackpad borrowed from the Voodoo Envy 133 placed in an unusual location. Rather than ahead of the keyboard, the pad is placed at the side in a reportedly more comfortable position. The pad supports more complex gestures like pinch-to-zoom and scrolling but also supports left- and right-clicking and is said to be closer to a true mouse in terms of input.
HP Large Atom Netbooks
HP is planning to introduce larger netbooks that will require Intel's cooperation to come into being, claims from notebook makers in the Taiwan area suggest. The American PC builder is presently capped at launching netbooks no larger than its 10-inch Mini 1000 but would allegedly like to introduce systems with 11.6-inch and 13.3-inch screens that still use the very low-cost Atom processor at their respective roots. Intel has traditionally insisted that systems with these larger screens use its more conventional but also much more expensive and power-hungry notebook chips.
|06/19||Third-party replacement MacBook batteries...|
|06/19||Texas firm sues Apple over iPhone's...|
|06/19||First Look: Apple Airport Extreme with...|
|06/19||Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac updates...|
|06/19||Apple wins $30M iPad contract with...|
|06/09||Apple hires webOS notification UI designer...|
|06/09||Panasonic intros Toughbook F9 rugged...|
|06/08||Hulu for iPad, Xbox could be ready...|
|06/08||TiVo loses two patent claims in key...|
Since the fourth-generation iPad didn't evolve much over its predecessor, the market for iPad accessories has remained somewhat static ...Huawei Ascend Mate
The Huawei Ascend Mate is a phone that fits the screen-size gap between the 4 to 5-inch smartphone and the seven-inch or more tablet, ...MaxUpgrades MaxConnect for 2006-2008 Mac Pro
Nobody outside of Cupertino's privileged bunch knows the future of the Mac Pro line for sure. Despite Apple's reluctance to tell us wh ...
10 Most Discussed
- New Mac Pro sneak-previewed at WWDC, coming later this year [U] - 33 replies
- Fake apps infiltrate Apple iTunes App Store, shill reviews persist - 26 replies
- Apple developer portal now showing square app icons, not rounded - 24 replies
- iOS 6 adoption rate remarkable: 93% of iPhone, 83% of iPad owners - 20 replies
- A closer look: iOS 7 Multitasking, AirDrop and the Share widget - 14 replies
- A closer look: iOS 7 Control and Notification Centers - 12 replies
- BMW skipping iOS in the Car based on design issues - 10 replies
- ACLU sues NSA, FBI, US Attorney General over phone monitoring program - 9 replies
- A closer look: The iOS 7 Camera and Photos apps - 9 replies
- President Obama addresses PRISM, telephone monitoring program leaks - 9 replies