Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
HP Firefly Preview
HP will reveal a concept notebook at CES that acts a showcase for the future of desktop replacement notebooks, Laptop reveals in a hands-on preview. A prototype known as the Firefly carries the 17-inch display typical of many notebooks its size but centers on a multi-touch trackpad borrowed from the Voodoo Envy 133 placed in an unusual location. Rather than ahead of the keyboard, the pad is placed at the side in a reportedly more comfortable position. The pad supports more complex gestures like pinch-to-zoom and scrolling but also supports left- and right-clicking and is said to be closer to a true mouse in terms of input.
HP Large Atom Netbooks
HP is planning to introduce larger netbooks that will require Intel's cooperation to come into being, claims from notebook makers in the Taiwan area suggest. The American PC builder is presently capped at launching netbooks no larger than its 10-inch Mini 1000 but would allegedly like to introduce systems with 11.6-inch and 13.3-inch screens that still use the very low-cost Atom processor at their respective roots. Intel has traditionally insisted that systems with these larger screens use its more conventional but also much more expensive and power-hungry notebook chips.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 66 replies
- Opinion: four myths about the iPad Pro - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- Customer wins in lawsuit over data loss caused by Apple Store repair - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies