Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
HP Firefly Preview
HP will reveal a concept notebook at CES that acts a showcase for the future of desktop replacement notebooks, Laptop reveals in a hands-on preview. A prototype known as the Firefly carries the 17-inch display typical of many notebooks its size but centers on a multi-touch trackpad borrowed from the Voodoo Envy 133 placed in an unusual location. Rather than ahead of the keyboard, the pad is placed at the side in a reportedly more comfortable position. The pad supports more complex gestures like pinch-to-zoom and scrolling but also supports left- and right-clicking and is said to be closer to a true mouse in terms of input.
HP Large Atom Netbooks
HP is planning to introduce larger netbooks that will require Intel's cooperation to come into being, claims from notebook makers in the Taiwan area suggest. The American PC builder is presently capped at launching netbooks no larger than its 10-inch Mini 1000 but would allegedly like to introduce systems with 11.6-inch and 13.3-inch screens that still use the very low-cost Atom processor at their respective roots. Intel has traditionally insisted that systems with these larger screens use its more conventional but also much more expensive and power-hungry notebook chips.
When hitting the gym or going out for a trail run, headphones can cause a number of problems. From the ear buds getting slimy with swe ...Adesso Xtream S3B Bluetooth speaker
Finding a speaker purpose-built for a specific need is challenging. Even when a Bluetooth speaker can be paired with a mobile device, ...JBL Synchros E40BT headphones
For all the different configurations of headphones on the market, it's always a tough choice for buyers to get something that is just ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 25 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- SEC: Apple bought back another $5 billion in stock in June quarter - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Coalition of authors blames 'thuggish' Amazon for Hachette dispute - 10 replies
- Microsoft rolls out major update of OneNote for iPad, iPhone, Mac - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies