Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Studio 14 laptop
Dell Malaysia has quietly become the first recipient of the Studio 14, the company's first sub-15-inch Studio model. The new design puts a 14-inch, 1280x800 display with an LED backlight into the more upscale design of the series and is customizable with any of seven different lid colors. comes with relatively fast parts that include a 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of RAM, and a 250GB hard drive. The system is nonetheless relatively minimal in graphics with the previous-generation GMA X3100 for video.
Dell vs. Apple on greening
Dominant PC builder Dell has sharply criticized Apple for its environmental claims, a promotional blog post reveals. The company's community VP, Bob Pearson, has specifically taken aim at a recent MacBook ad, which suggests that the new unibody systems are the "greenest" notebooks on the market. Apple is only making broad claims without providing any long-term plans or even facts to back them up, says Pearson.
i.TV has released the latest version of its TV and movie guide for the iPhone and iPod touch. The update now allows users to remotely program their DVR systems, view a variety of streaming content or purchase movie tickets. The DVR functions require a TiVo account and allow configuration of the frequency, quality and priority of recordings. The additional streaming content includes television shows, previews, movie trailers and YouTube videos. Users can purchase tickets from MovieTickets.com and securely store payment information for later use.
Smoking MacBook reported
An individual in the United Kingdom has reported a potential MacBook safety hazard after being awoken by the sound of fire alarms that were triggered by smoke emitting from the back of the device, according to Sevenmac. The user had been reportedly using MacBook to watch a DVD, with the lid open and video output routed to an external display. Photographs show smoke residue above the cooling vent, on the desk and covering the MacBook logo below the screen. Despite the smoke, the 2.16GHz MacBook continued to function properly and smcFanControl did not indicate any errors.
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...Plantronics Rig Surround 7.1 headset
Trying to capture the true soundscape of video games can be a daunting task. Looking to surround-sound home theater options, users hav ...
10 Most Discussed
- U2 frontman Bono apologizes for auto downloads of 'Songs of Innocence' - 13 replies
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite formally released - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies
- Microsoft smartwatch touted for launch within weeks, sale soon after - 11 replies
- 'One more thing' from Apple: Mac mini refresh - 11 replies
- GT filings call Apple contract terms 'oppressive and burdensome' - 9 replies
- Kmart suffers huge breach, all shoppers since September likely victims - 9 replies
- Flight attendants sue FAA over in-flight device usage rules - 9 replies