Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Studio 14 laptop
Dell Malaysia has quietly become the first recipient of the Studio 14, the company's first sub-15-inch Studio model. The new design puts a 14-inch, 1280x800 display with an LED backlight into the more upscale design of the series and is customizable with any of seven different lid colors. comes with relatively fast parts that include a 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of RAM, and a 250GB hard drive. The system is nonetheless relatively minimal in graphics with the previous-generation GMA X3100 for video.
Dell vs. Apple on greening
Dominant PC builder Dell has sharply criticized Apple for its environmental claims, a promotional blog post reveals. The company's community VP, Bob Pearson, has specifically taken aim at a recent MacBook ad, which suggests that the new unibody systems are the "greenest" notebooks on the market. Apple is only making broad claims without providing any long-term plans or even facts to back them up, says Pearson.
i.TV has released the latest version of its TV and movie guide for the iPhone and iPod touch. The update now allows users to remotely program their DVR systems, view a variety of streaming content or purchase movie tickets. The DVR functions require a TiVo account and allow configuration of the frequency, quality and priority of recordings. The additional streaming content includes television shows, previews, movie trailers and YouTube videos. Users can purchase tickets from MovieTickets.com and securely store payment information for later use.
Smoking MacBook reported
An individual in the United Kingdom has reported a potential MacBook safety hazard after being awoken by the sound of fire alarms that were triggered by smoke emitting from the back of the device, according to Sevenmac. The user had been reportedly using MacBook to watch a DVD, with the lid open and video output routed to an external display. Photographs show smoke residue above the cooling vent, on the desk and covering the MacBook logo below the screen. Despite the smoke, the 2.16GHz MacBook continued to function properly and smcFanControl did not indicate any errors.
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...
10 Most Discussed
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 18 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 12 replies
- Obama sides with UK PM, calls for law enforcement-crackable encryption - 12 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- Cook still bullish on iPad despite softening demand - 10 replies
- Adobe updates Flash again due to critical security flaw - 9 replies
- Principal filming on Universal Jobs biopic now underway - 8 replies
- Apple posts $74.6B in Q1 revenues based on iPhone, Mac sales - 8 replies
- Apple sees one billionth iOS device shipped, China sales explode - 8 replies