Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Munich Apple Store
The grand opening of Apple's Munich store drew huge crowds Saturday morning, with an estimated 4,000 visitors in the first few hours, according to ifoAppleStore. People began waiting in line as early as 1:30 a.m. local time, well before the 10:00 a.m. door opening. Apple gave away 2,500 t-shirts to the first visitors, as a promotion to fill the store on the first day. High-profile city officials and business representatives were invited to a VIP reception on Friday evening.
Google Android Dev Phone
Google today catered to Android developers either outside of T-Mobile coverage or eager to avoid restrictions with the Android Dev Phone 1. Essentially a carrier-neutral T-Mobile G1, the new model is completely unlocked for both its SIM card slot and hardware features to let users test the device on other GSM networks, including AT&T. The The change lets any owner run Google's reference firmware as it appears. The black design also sports a unique back engraving with a fractal-like pattern and the Android logo.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple CEO Tim Cook meets with Utah Senator Orrin Hatch - 10 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 7 replies
- New iOS 8.1.2 release solves problems with missing ringtones - 6 replies