Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Intel Ships Core i7
Intel is starting the week by officially shipping its first Core i7 processors. The technology is just the seventh major x86 architecture from the company and is designed more explicitly for multi-core processors than the earlier Core 2 architecture. It marks the return of Hyperthreading from the Pentium 4 and allows each core to theoretically run two program threads at once; the overall processor also has the option of a Turbo Mode that can disable as many as three cores and overclock the remaining cores for apps that depend only on one or two threads.
USB760 Micro Modem
Verizon has announced the availability of the Novatel-made USB760 Micro Modem for its wireless broadband network. The device is relatively small, measuring 2.24 inches by one inch, and weighs less than an ounce. The carrier claims real-world download speeds of 600Kbps to 1400Kbps and upload performance of 500Kbps to 800Kbps. The integrated dual-band antenna is internal, although a connector is provided to attach an optional external antenna. A microSD slot allows the modem to be used as impromptu storage.
With high-definition televisions now the standard, 4K televisions becoming the next big thing, and plasma TVs going the way of the din ...Life n Soul 8 Driver Bluetooth headphones
When it comes to music on the go, consumers generally have some options to consider when looking for the best experience. While Blueto ...Pure Jongo T2 wireless speaker
Multi-room audio compatibility is a key metric for wireless sound systems these days. The entry cost into a house-spanning system can ...
10 Most Discussed
- Oregon Apple Store 'slur' incident being investigated - 31 replies
- US cybersecurity chief claims lack of experience not important to job - 16 replies
- T-Mobile announces plan to throttle those abusing 'unlimited' data - 11 replies
- Quicken 2015 for Mac brings new features, strips others - 10 replies
- NewerTech accessory fools 'headless' Mac minis into turning on GPU - 9 replies
- Claim: Apple's iMessage accounts for 30 percent of all mobile spam - 8 replies
- Apple releases second public OS X Yosemite beta, new iTunes 12 test - 8 replies
- Apple issues diversity report, promises better gender/racial balance - 8 replies
- Schematics suggest iPhone 6 may come in 16, 64, and 128GB models - 8 replies
- Apple shareholder suit accuses Cook, Jobs, others of misconduct - 7 replies