Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Intel Ships Core i7
Intel is starting the week by officially shipping its first Core i7 processors. The technology is just the seventh major x86 architecture from the company and is designed more explicitly for multi-core processors than the earlier Core 2 architecture. It marks the return of Hyperthreading from the Pentium 4 and allows each core to theoretically run two program threads at once; the overall processor also has the option of a Turbo Mode that can disable as many as three cores and overclock the remaining cores for apps that depend only on one or two threads.
USB760 Micro Modem
Verizon has announced the availability of the Novatel-made USB760 Micro Modem for its wireless broadband network. The device is relatively small, measuring 2.24 inches by one inch, and weighs less than an ounce. The carrier claims real-world download speeds of 600Kbps to 1400Kbps and upload performance of 500Kbps to 800Kbps. The integrated dual-band antenna is internal, although a connector is provided to attach an optional external antenna. A microSD slot allows the modem to be used as impromptu storage.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Hands On: Griffin Powermate Bluetooth - 9 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Hands On: Twitter 3.1.0 (OS X) - 6 replies
- Pono struggling to expand due to lack of resources, no new CEO - 6 replies