Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Intel Ships Core i7
Intel is starting the week by officially shipping its first Core i7 processors. The technology is just the seventh major x86 architecture from the company and is designed more explicitly for multi-core processors than the earlier Core 2 architecture. It marks the return of Hyperthreading from the Pentium 4 and allows each core to theoretically run two program threads at once; the overall processor also has the option of a Turbo Mode that can disable as many as three cores and overclock the remaining cores for apps that depend only on one or two threads.
USB760 Micro Modem
Verizon has announced the availability of the Novatel-made USB760 Micro Modem for its wireless broadband network. The device is relatively small, measuring 2.24 inches by one inch, and weighs less than an ounce. The carrier claims real-world download speeds of 600Kbps to 1400Kbps and upload performance of 500Kbps to 800Kbps. The integrated dual-band antenna is internal, although a connector is provided to attach an optional external antenna. A microSD slot allows the modem to be used as impromptu storage.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 12 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- Apple rejects conclusions of BBC expose showing supply chain abuses - 6 replies
- CalDigit reveals $200 Thunderbolt Station 2 - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies
- Apple to charge VAT per-country at European App Stores - 6 replies