Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Dell MP3 Player Scuttled
Dell's plans to relaunch into MP3 players have been shelved in what may be a permanent cancellation, according to claims made by the Wall Street Journal late Sunday [subscription required]. Alleged sources say that at least one miniature player scheduled to launch alongside a media jukebox and sharing suite from Zing has been delayed past its original fall target while the software alone goes ahead. The unnamed device is currently postponed "indefinitely" and so may not be released at all, the reported insiders note.
Dell SP2309W Display
Dell today quietly revealed the existence of the SP2309W. A higher-end counterpart to the S2309W, the new 23-inch display carries a new, sharper 2048x1152 panel that provides the same 16:9 aspect ratio but more usable screen area than a typical 16:10 LCD. It also shares the SP series' addition of a webcam and carries a two-megapixel unit for video chat without the add-on needed for the simpler screen.
EyeTV 2.5.3 shipping
Elgato has released EyeTV 2.5.3, with improved VHF reception for Australian users and fixes for live buffer recording crashes and manual schedule problems under Leopard. The new version also fixes a "Device could not be initialized error" when using AV inputs.
Shockwave 11 ships
Adobe has released Shockwave 11, adding support for Intel-based Macintosh computers. Previous Shockwave versions required running Rosetta emulation and accepting the requisite performance hit it entailed. Now the web player is fully compatible with the chips that have been shipping in all Macs for the past three years. Shockwave v10 is still available for PowerPC-based Macs.
T-Mobile G1 First Look
When Apple released the iPhone, they set the standard for mobile phones with its innovative touch screen. While people have lined up to buy an iPhone, competitors have released various iPhone clones in hopes that lower prices and different features will appeal to consumers. Now Google has finally released their Android open source mobile phone platform and the first incarnation has appeared as the T-Mobile G1 phone. If you aren't quite sold on an iPhone, but want a better conventional mobile phone, you'll find the Android an intriguing option.
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- Dropbox CEO: Steve Jobs wanted to buy us, tried to kill us - 15 replies
- One-off (Product) RED Mac Pro fetches $977,000 at auction - 13 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 7 replies
- WD Black 2 Dual Drive combines SSD, HDD into non-hybrid format - 6 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 6 replies
- Samsung's market share in Japan drops as Apple surges - 5 replies