Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iPhone 2.2 beta report
Apple is testing new iPhone software features that bring Street Views, public transit options, and location sharing features, according to a new report on a beta version of the software. According to iPhoneYap, a site dedicated to the iPhone, a beta of the next iPhone Software was released to developers on Friday. Screenshots of the release, version 2.2 beta 2, show that the Maps application now offers an additional feature: public transit directions. According to the screenshots and report, users can choose from one of three icons while in directions mode: car, public transit, and walking (from right to left) -- all of which are centered at the top of screen.
Philips GoGear LUXE
Philips has hoped to boost its GoGear portable audio player line with the GoGear LUXE, a unique player built expressly to tie in with a phone. The device is designed to be wearable as a fashion item and to serve as a Bluetooth headset; the LUXE not only pairs wirelessly with a phone to warn of incoming calls but carries dual microphones of its own to answer the call with active noise canceling. A one-line display shows incoming calls without having to fetch the phone from a pocket.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 8 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies