Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Walmart to carry iPhone?
As Apple continues to expand the retail distribution of the iPhone 3G, a new report indicates that Walmart may be the next retailer to begin selling the quickly=growing smartphone. While previous rumors have suggested that Radio Shack may also carry the device, BGR indicates that Walmart, the largest retailer in the world, may start carrying it as soon as November 15th. Rumors that Radio Shack would begin selling the iPhone surfaced just before the iPhone 3G launch in July, and subsequent trials for Apple-like designer stores bolstered their credibility; however, the report indicates that talks with the electronics company may be faltering.
PGP Desktop 9.9
Everyone knows that encryption is handy for protecting files from unauthorized users by denying access to their contents. Unfortunately, most people don't use encryption, in spite of the obvious advantages, because it's often too much of a hassle. To make encryption more transparent to the user, a new option is PGP Desktop Professional 9.9.
NVIDIA chipset in MacBooks
The speculation that Apple will be moving away from Intel chipsets and transitioning to NVIDIA components appears to have gained more solidity, according to Ryan Shrout of PC Perspective. His previous theory that Intel's Montevina technology would be "stale and unexciting" by the fall release, and subsequently not considered for the new products, has been reinforced by NVIDIA's announcement of new mobile chipsets and GPUs, which may be perfectly timed to create buzz right before Apple's October 14th notebook refresh.
￼The half moon design speaks about what to expect overall from the Pure Contour i1 Air Dock: it is a speaker that looks to blend int ...STM Studio for iPad Air
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Qualcomm Gimbal Bluetooth beacons to compete with Apple's iBeacon - 6 replies