Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Pentax tonight jumped into competition against the Nikon D40 and Canon Rebel XS with the launch of its previously leaked K-m digital SLR. Although equipped with the full-size sensor and detachable lens system of an SLR, the 10.2-megapixel camera is consciously designed to acclimate first-time users with a smaller body and simplified controls that resemble those of a point-and-shoot. Settings info is moved to the back LCD rather than the top LED display often found on higher-end cameras, while a D40-like help button is also present.
Panasonic M43rds HD Cam
Panasonic on the eve of the Photokina expo revealed a test version of a Micro Four Thirds camera with HD video capture. Similar in body style to the just-announced Lumix G1, the new camera would serve as a bridge between high-end compact cameras and full DSLRs with a large sensor and swappable lenses but also a dedicated video button and stereo audio recording. Few extra details are available, though the camera has a similar control scheme to the G1 with a separate dial for priority shooting modes.
Spring Cleaning 10
To run at maximum efficiency, every Mac needs periodic maintenance. While Mac OS X comes with built-in utilities that run automatically early every morning, your Mac needs to be running (not in Sleep mode) for these programs to work. You can always run the built-in Mac OS X utilities manually by typing in the proper commands, but a faster, more comprehensive solution is to use a separate utility program like Smith-Micro's Spring Cleaning 10 instead.
Filemailer transfer app
Altomac has launched Filemailer for the Mac, a utility that simplifies the task of transferring files via email. The software allows a user to quickly move data files - such as PDFs, images, and documents - without needing to open an email program and compose an email for the sole purpose of sending a file. Filemailer sends the file to the receiving party's email address. It also avoids build-up of sent attachments, as it does not retain files after sending them, as email programs usually do.
When it comes to selecting a printer, it's not exactly something most people put a lot of thought into. Printers are often touted as ...Moshi iVisor AG and XT for iPad Air 2
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...OmniPlan (OS X, iOS)
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Microsoft releases public preview of Office 2016 for Mac - 16 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- New Jersey man hospitalized by exploded iPhone 5c battery - 11 replies
- Republicans file bill to rip Internet regulatory powers from FCC - 10 replies
- Apple Watch: plethora of details leak as public debut nears - 10 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Samsung Pay electronic payment system deployed in Galaxy S6, S6 edge - 8 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies