Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Pentax tonight jumped into competition against the Nikon D40 and Canon Rebel XS with the launch of its previously leaked K-m digital SLR. Although equipped with the full-size sensor and detachable lens system of an SLR, the 10.2-megapixel camera is consciously designed to acclimate first-time users with a smaller body and simplified controls that resemble those of a point-and-shoot. Settings info is moved to the back LCD rather than the top LED display often found on higher-end cameras, while a D40-like help button is also present.
Panasonic M43rds HD Cam
Panasonic on the eve of the Photokina expo revealed a test version of a Micro Four Thirds camera with HD video capture. Similar in body style to the just-announced Lumix G1, the new camera would serve as a bridge between high-end compact cameras and full DSLRs with a large sensor and swappable lenses but also a dedicated video button and stereo audio recording. Few extra details are available, though the camera has a similar control scheme to the G1 with a separate dial for priority shooting modes.
Spring Cleaning 10
To run at maximum efficiency, every Mac needs periodic maintenance. While Mac OS X comes with built-in utilities that run automatically early every morning, your Mac needs to be running (not in Sleep mode) for these programs to work. You can always run the built-in Mac OS X utilities manually by typing in the proper commands, but a faster, more comprehensive solution is to use a separate utility program like Smith-Micro's Spring Cleaning 10 instead.
Filemailer transfer app
Altomac has launched Filemailer for the Mac, a utility that simplifies the task of transferring files via email. The software allows a user to quickly move data files - such as PDFs, images, and documents - without needing to open an email program and compose an email for the sole purpose of sending a file. Filemailer sends the file to the receiving party's email address. It also avoids build-up of sent attachments, as it does not retain files after sending them, as email programs usually do.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 32 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Apple Music subscriptions kill ALAC playback on iOS - 13 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- My Stupid Fault: don't look back in anger - 8 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Appeals court opens door to FTC oversight of corporate cyber security - 6 replies