Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Pentax tonight jumped into competition against the Nikon D40 and Canon Rebel XS with the launch of its previously leaked K-m digital SLR. Although equipped with the full-size sensor and detachable lens system of an SLR, the 10.2-megapixel camera is consciously designed to acclimate first-time users with a smaller body and simplified controls that resemble those of a point-and-shoot. Settings info is moved to the back LCD rather than the top LED display often found on higher-end cameras, while a D40-like help button is also present.
Panasonic M43rds HD Cam
Panasonic on the eve of the Photokina expo revealed a test version of a Micro Four Thirds camera with HD video capture. Similar in body style to the just-announced Lumix G1, the new camera would serve as a bridge between high-end compact cameras and full DSLRs with a large sensor and swappable lenses but also a dedicated video button and stereo audio recording. Few extra details are available, though the camera has a similar control scheme to the G1 with a separate dial for priority shooting modes.
Spring Cleaning 10
To run at maximum efficiency, every Mac needs periodic maintenance. While Mac OS X comes with built-in utilities that run automatically early every morning, your Mac needs to be running (not in Sleep mode) for these programs to work. You can always run the built-in Mac OS X utilities manually by typing in the proper commands, but a faster, more comprehensive solution is to use a separate utility program like Smith-Micro's Spring Cleaning 10 instead.
Filemailer transfer app
Altomac has launched Filemailer for the Mac, a utility that simplifies the task of transferring files via email. The software allows a user to quickly move data files - such as PDFs, images, and documents - without needing to open an email program and compose an email for the sole purpose of sending a file. Filemailer sends the file to the receiving party's email address. It also avoids build-up of sent attachments, as it does not retain files after sending them, as email programs usually do.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...Entry-level 27-inch Retina iMac
The 27-inch Apple iMac with 5K Retina display is already one of the best value-for-money Macs that Apple has ever released. It was som ...
10 Most Discussed
- Neil Young says he will pull music catalog from streaming services - 24 replies
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Apple takes lid off 64-bit A8 iPod touch, now up to 128GB - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies