Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Intel Xeon 5400 at 3 4GHz
Intel today set a pair of new speed records for its Xeon 5000 processors ahead of the introduction of their eventual Core i7 successors. The update pushes the quad-core Xeon 5400 series from its previous 3.2GHz limit up to 3.4GHz with the new Xeon X5492; the new flagship also climbs up to the maximum 1.6GHz front side system bus speed. Intel characterizes the processor as intended for performance-driven, full size workstations and servers with a peak 150W of power.
3G Zune to get Wi-Fi Store
Microsoft's third-generation Zune players will be the first to support true wireless updating and purchasing, retailer Fry's has unintentionally revealed in an online store listing for a blue 8GB Zune. In addition to confirming both blue and silver as new colors for the flash player, the entry exposes a "Device to Cloud" feature that will let users update their song mix from most Wi-Fi hotspots, including purchasing tracks directly from the Zune Marketplace.
Zune 120GB at Amazon
Amazon today unintentionally revealed some of Microsoft's planning today with a listing for the Zune 120GB on its store. The new storage comes in at just under the expected $250 price point but through its listing appears to be virtually identical to the outgoing Zune 80GB, making no mention of new features beyond the existing share- and sync-only Wi-Fi as well as the FM tuner, all of which have been present to some extent since the first-generation player. It's unclear whether Amazon's entry includes placeholders or will reflect the final product.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 22 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Editorial: Apple's iOS purchase-history purge disrespects users - 8 replies
- New Magic Keyboard, Trackpad, and Mouse revealed in OS X 10.11.1 code - 8 replies