Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Intel Xeon 5400 at 3 4GHz
Intel today set a pair of new speed records for its Xeon 5000 processors ahead of the introduction of their eventual Core i7 successors. The update pushes the quad-core Xeon 5400 series from its previous 3.2GHz limit up to 3.4GHz with the new Xeon X5492; the new flagship also climbs up to the maximum 1.6GHz front side system bus speed. Intel characterizes the processor as intended for performance-driven, full size workstations and servers with a peak 150W of power.
3G Zune to get Wi-Fi Store
Microsoft's third-generation Zune players will be the first to support true wireless updating and purchasing, retailer Fry's has unintentionally revealed in an online store listing for a blue 8GB Zune. In addition to confirming both blue and silver as new colors for the flash player, the entry exposes a "Device to Cloud" feature that will let users update their song mix from most Wi-Fi hotspots, including purchasing tracks directly from the Zune Marketplace.
Zune 120GB at Amazon
Amazon today unintentionally revealed some of Microsoft's planning today with a listing for the Zune 120GB on its store. The new storage comes in at just under the expected $250 price point but through its listing appears to be virtually identical to the outgoing Zune 80GB, making no mention of new features beyond the existing share- and sync-only Wi-Fi as well as the FM tuner, all of which have been present to some extent since the first-generation player. It's unclear whether Amazon's entry includes placeholders or will reflect the final product.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Apple Music subscriptions kill ALAC playback on iOS - 13 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 9 replies
- My Stupid Fault: don't look back in anger - 8 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 7 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Apple releases Diversity Report, minority hiring up - 7 replies