Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Intel Xeon 5400 at 3 4GHz
Intel today set a pair of new speed records for its Xeon 5000 processors ahead of the introduction of their eventual Core i7 successors. The update pushes the quad-core Xeon 5400 series from its previous 3.2GHz limit up to 3.4GHz with the new Xeon X5492; the new flagship also climbs up to the maximum 1.6GHz front side system bus speed. Intel characterizes the processor as intended for performance-driven, full size workstations and servers with a peak 150W of power.
3G Zune to get Wi-Fi Store
Microsoft's third-generation Zune players will be the first to support true wireless updating and purchasing, retailer Fry's has unintentionally revealed in an online store listing for a blue 8GB Zune. In addition to confirming both blue and silver as new colors for the flash player, the entry exposes a "Device to Cloud" feature that will let users update their song mix from most Wi-Fi hotspots, including purchasing tracks directly from the Zune Marketplace.
Zune 120GB at Amazon
Amazon today unintentionally revealed some of Microsoft's planning today with a listing for the Zune 120GB on its store. The new storage comes in at just under the expected $250 price point but through its listing appears to be virtually identical to the outgoing Zune 80GB, making no mention of new features beyond the existing share- and sync-only Wi-Fi as well as the FM tuner, all of which have been present to some extent since the first-generation player. It's unclear whether Amazon's entry includes placeholders or will reflect the final product.
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...
10 Most Discussed
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 18 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- Obama sides with UK PM, calls for law enforcement-crackable encryption - 12 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 12 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- Cook still bullish on iPad despite softening demand - 9 replies
- Adobe updates Flash again due to critical security flaw - 9 replies
- Principal filming on Universal Jobs biopic now underway - 8 replies
- Apple posts $74.6B in Q1 revenues based on iPhone, Mac sales - 8 replies
- Follow-up: new anti-poaching lawsuit settlement offer $415 million - 7 replies