Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Intel Xeon 5400 at 3 4GHz
Intel today set a pair of new speed records for its Xeon 5000 processors ahead of the introduction of their eventual Core i7 successors. The update pushes the quad-core Xeon 5400 series from its previous 3.2GHz limit up to 3.4GHz with the new Xeon X5492; the new flagship also climbs up to the maximum 1.6GHz front side system bus speed. Intel characterizes the processor as intended for performance-driven, full size workstations and servers with a peak 150W of power.
3G Zune to get Wi-Fi Store
Microsoft's third-generation Zune players will be the first to support true wireless updating and purchasing, retailer Fry's has unintentionally revealed in an online store listing for a blue 8GB Zune. In addition to confirming both blue and silver as new colors for the flash player, the entry exposes a "Device to Cloud" feature that will let users update their song mix from most Wi-Fi hotspots, including purchasing tracks directly from the Zune Marketplace.
Zune 120GB at Amazon
Amazon today unintentionally revealed some of Microsoft's planning today with a listing for the Zune 120GB on its store. The new storage comes in at just under the expected $250 price point but through its listing appears to be virtually identical to the outgoing Zune 80GB, making no mention of new features beyond the existing share- and sync-only Wi-Fi as well as the FM tuner, all of which have been present to some extent since the first-generation player. It's unclear whether Amazon's entry includes placeholders or will reflect the final product.
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...Plantronics Rig Surround 7.1 headset
Trying to capture the true soundscape of video games can be a daunting task. Looking to surround-sound home theater options, users hav ...Adesso Compagno X Bluetooth keyboard
The shift from typing on physical keyboards to digital versions on smartphones and tablets hasn't been an easy for many consumers. Fr ...
10 Most Discussed
- U2 frontman Bono apologizes for auto downloads of 'Songs of Innocence' - 13 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- Apple confirms October 16 press event - 12 replies
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite formally released - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- 'One more thing' from Apple: Mac mini refresh - 11 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies
- Microsoft smartwatch touted for launch within weeks, sale soon after - 11 replies
- Adoption of iOS 8 stalled at 47 percent, new Apple tracking data shows - 11 replies
- AAA ranks Siri as extreme distraction for drivers - 11 replies