Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iTunes 8, iPhone 2.1 soon?
Apple's special iPod event on September 9th should see the release of two anticipated software updates, a report claims. One anonymous source "close to the situation" is cited as saying that iTunes 8, frequently expected to launch on the 9th, is indeed scheduled to go online at that date. It is rumored to bring with it a number of changes, such as the "Genius" recommendation feature, a grid view, and HD-quality TV episodes through the iTunes Store.
MS Zune Service Job Post
Microsoft is finally hoping to unify its Zune Marketplace and services with other devices, the company reveals in a recent job posting for a Software Development Engineer. The firm hopes to develop a new, "unified entertainment service" that would work on not just the company's music player and PCs but also on Windows Mobile devices and the Xbox console lineup as well. At present, Microsoft's storefronts are balkanized and don't allow Xbox Video Marketplace content to be transferred outside of the game system, while protected Zune Marketplace content refuses to play on the Xbox even when the player is directly connected.
With over-the-top content options growing past Hulu and Netflix, consumers may be finding it harder to justify paying a monthly fee fo ...Sound Blaster Roar Bluetooth speaker
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...
10 Most Discussed
- CurrentC CEO, COO field questions about data breach, Apple Pay block - 23 replies
- CVS throws in with Rite Aid, blocks Apple Pay and Google Wallet - 22 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out as gay in new essay - 17 replies
- Apple responds to CVS, Rite Aid blocking Apple Pay - 17 replies
- CurrentC payment system customer emails stolen - 14 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the new $499 Mac mini - 13 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- Amex web page promotes Apple Pay, adds directions for linking cards - 12 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies