toggle

AAPL Stock: 118.76 ( -2.54 )

Printed from http://www.macnn.com

LG Display and Amtran partner up on LCD plant

updated 04:30 pm EDT, Mon September 1, 2008

LG and Amtran partnership

A Monday report has LG Display and Amtran - maker of Vizio LCDs - agreeing to set up a joint production plant to manufacture LCD panels and TV sets for their brands in China. Under the agreement, Amtran's existing facility in Suzhou, China, will see a $20 million initial investment. The new plant, due to commence operation early next year, will produce 3 million LCD modules along with 5 million LCD TV sets.

South Korea-based LG Display will own 51 percent of the new company, while Taiwanese Amtran will retain the remaining 49 percent stake. LG Display is the world's second-largest LCD panel maker behind Samsung, and the new venture will help it cut costs while increasing the number of its clients in today's competitive market that is in a current down-turn.




by MacNN Staff

POST TOOLS:

TAGS :

toggle

Comments

Login Here

Not a member of the MacNN forums? Register now for free.

toggle

Network Headlines

Follow us on Facebook

toggle

Most Popular

Advertisement

Recent Reviews

HP 14-x030nr 14-inch Chromebook

If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...

15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch

Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...

Typo keyboard for iPad

Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...

toggle

Most Commented