Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Android missing Bluetooth?
Android developers may be missing the ability to include Bluetooth functionality when creating new applications. According to the release notes that came along with the most recent Android SDK, a "comprehensive" Bluetooth API (application programming interface) will not be possible or present in Android 1.0. Some developers contributing on Google's Android forum find it hard to believe that Android 1.0 won't support Bluetooth, even though it is one of the most common mobile phone features. Google will likely build support for common Bluetooth gear, such as ear pieces to the phone; but a lack of APIs would prevent developers to build third party applications that use Bluetooth.
iPod nano 3G Leak
Claims of a tall iPod nano are accurate, Digg founder Kevin Rose says as part of a detailed rumor report. Providing what appears to be photographic evidence, Rose says the portable music player will switch to a tall screen ratio but also a heavily redesigned shell that returns to wrap-around aluminum in a tapered, curved design. The click wheel will remain and switch to dark gray on the silver model, though it's what treatment would apply to different-colored models.
Macbook Air Update
Apple has released MacBook Air Software Update 1.0, which addresses issues with video playback and core idling. It is warned that third-party software that modifies processor operating characteristics such as frequency and voltage is not supported and should be removed before installing the update. The Mac OS X 10.5.4 update is required before installing the MacBook Air Software Update 1.0.
SteelSeries 5H V2 headset
When listening to music or playing video games on your Mac, you could blast the sound across the room. However, out of consideration of others and for your own privacy, you might consider using a headset. While there are plenty of headsets to choose from, one headset specifically designed for gamers is the SteelSeries 5H V2 headset.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies