Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Android missing Bluetooth?
Android developers may be missing the ability to include Bluetooth functionality when creating new applications. According to the release notes that came along with the most recent Android SDK, a "comprehensive" Bluetooth API (application programming interface) will not be possible or present in Android 1.0. Some developers contributing on Google's Android forum find it hard to believe that Android 1.0 won't support Bluetooth, even though it is one of the most common mobile phone features. Google will likely build support for common Bluetooth gear, such as ear pieces to the phone; but a lack of APIs would prevent developers to build third party applications that use Bluetooth.
iPod nano 3G Leak
Claims of a tall iPod nano are accurate, Digg founder Kevin Rose says as part of a detailed rumor report. Providing what appears to be photographic evidence, Rose says the portable music player will switch to a tall screen ratio but also a heavily redesigned shell that returns to wrap-around aluminum in a tapered, curved design. The click wheel will remain and switch to dark gray on the silver model, though it's what treatment would apply to different-colored models.
Macbook Air Update
Apple has released MacBook Air Software Update 1.0, which addresses issues with video playback and core idling. It is warned that third-party software that modifies processor operating characteristics such as frequency and voltage is not supported and should be removed before installing the update. The Mac OS X 10.5.4 update is required before installing the MacBook Air Software Update 1.0.
SteelSeries 5H V2 headset
When listening to music or playing video games on your Mac, you could blast the sound across the room. However, out of consideration of others and for your own privacy, you might consider using a headset. While there are plenty of headsets to choose from, one headset specifically designed for gamers is the SteelSeries 5H V2 headset.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 16 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies