Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Android missing Bluetooth?
Android developers may be missing the ability to include Bluetooth functionality when creating new applications. According to the release notes that came along with the most recent Android SDK, a "comprehensive" Bluetooth API (application programming interface) will not be possible or present in Android 1.0. Some developers contributing on Google's Android forum find it hard to believe that Android 1.0 won't support Bluetooth, even though it is one of the most common mobile phone features. Google will likely build support for common Bluetooth gear, such as ear pieces to the phone; but a lack of APIs would prevent developers to build third party applications that use Bluetooth.
iPod nano 3G Leak
Claims of a tall iPod nano are accurate, Digg founder Kevin Rose says as part of a detailed rumor report. Providing what appears to be photographic evidence, Rose says the portable music player will switch to a tall screen ratio but also a heavily redesigned shell that returns to wrap-around aluminum in a tapered, curved design. The click wheel will remain and switch to dark gray on the silver model, though it's what treatment would apply to different-colored models.
Macbook Air Update
Apple has released MacBook Air Software Update 1.0, which addresses issues with video playback and core idling. It is warned that third-party software that modifies processor operating characteristics such as frequency and voltage is not supported and should be removed before installing the update. The Mac OS X 10.5.4 update is required before installing the MacBook Air Software Update 1.0.
SteelSeries 5H V2 headset
When listening to music or playing video games on your Mac, you could blast the sound across the room. However, out of consideration of others and for your own privacy, you might consider using a headset. While there are plenty of headsets to choose from, one headset specifically designed for gamers is the SteelSeries 5H V2 headset.
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...OmniPlan (OS X, iOS)
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3500 projector
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 11 replies
- New Jersey man hospitalized by exploded iPhone 5c battery - 10 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Hands On: Records 1.0 (OS X) - 8 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Apple investing $1.9 billion in two new European data centers - 7 replies
- Apple reportedly launching wide public beta of iOS 8.3 in May - 7 replies