Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Android missing Bluetooth?
Android developers may be missing the ability to include Bluetooth functionality when creating new applications. According to the release notes that came along with the most recent Android SDK, a "comprehensive" Bluetooth API (application programming interface) will not be possible or present in Android 1.0. Some developers contributing on Google's Android forum find it hard to believe that Android 1.0 won't support Bluetooth, even though it is one of the most common mobile phone features. Google will likely build support for common Bluetooth gear, such as ear pieces to the phone; but a lack of APIs would prevent developers to build third party applications that use Bluetooth.
iPod nano 3G Leak
Claims of a tall iPod nano are accurate, Digg founder Kevin Rose says as part of a detailed rumor report. Providing what appears to be photographic evidence, Rose says the portable music player will switch to a tall screen ratio but also a heavily redesigned shell that returns to wrap-around aluminum in a tapered, curved design. The click wheel will remain and switch to dark gray on the silver model, though it's what treatment would apply to different-colored models.
Macbook Air Update
Apple has released MacBook Air Software Update 1.0, which addresses issues with video playback and core idling. It is warned that third-party software that modifies processor operating characteristics such as frequency and voltage is not supported and should be removed before installing the update. The Mac OS X 10.5.4 update is required before installing the MacBook Air Software Update 1.0.
SteelSeries 5H V2 headset
When listening to music or playing video games on your Mac, you could blast the sound across the room. However, out of consideration of others and for your own privacy, you might consider using a headset. While there are plenty of headsets to choose from, one headset specifically designed for gamers is the SteelSeries 5H V2 headset.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 12 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- Obama wants stronger cyber-security laws in 2015 - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies
- Apple to charge VAT per-country at European App Stores - 6 replies
- Apple rejects conclusions of BBC expose showing supply chain abuses - 6 replies