Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New 2-bay RAID announced
Sans Digital has announced the TowerRAID TR2UT, a two-bay storage enclosure, offering eSATA and USB 2.0 interfaces and hardware RAID striping and mirroring. The TR2UT uses a Silicon Image 5744 chipset for its built-in RAID features and the two bays support up to 2TB of storage (1TB in RAID 1 mirroring mode). The tower also offers spanning and JBOD (just a bunch of disks) RAID modes, and offers a trayless design. The new tower will support the Mac OS, as well as Linux and Windows. (Pricing has not been announced.)
Chimps Ahoy updated
Griptonite Games has announced an update to Chimps Ahoy, its iPhone game available now in a full and lite version. The full version, v1.1, features two chimps throwing coconuts to one-another, trying to break through obstacles in the middle of the screen. The brick-breaking game provides 100 levels of play, with a variety of enemies to be eliminated and various power-ups available (double-coconuts and beach balls among them). Version 1.1 adds audio and gameplay updates, and has a reduced price. It is available through the iTunes App Store for $5 or as a free lite version, with seven levels of play.
It is an exciting time for consumer technology, with gadgets and devices that once used to the stuff of dreams now coming to fruition. ...JBL Synchros Reflect in-ear headphones
All headphones are not created equally, especially when it comes to use during vigorous activities or workouts. Over-the-ear headphone ...Bracketron Power Flex external battery
When we're traveling or just generally out and about, we've taken to bringing a tablet and Bluetooth keyboard with us, rather than a ...
10 Most Discussed
- The Feature Thief: Apple taketh away, sometimes giveth back - 26 replies
- The Feature Thief, part one: Pages - 19 replies
- The Feature Thief, conclusion: AppleWorks and the lessons learned - 19 replies
- The Feature Thief, part three: iWeb - 16 replies
- Apple updates Watch support page, admits tattoos may be a problem - 15 replies
- The Feature Thief, part two: Final Cut Pro, iMovie, iDVD - 11 replies
- Google cuts YouTube support for older Apple TV, Google TV, iOS devices - 9 replies
- Researcher: OS X 'Rootpipe' attack fix not reliable, attacks possible - 8 replies
- Wrist tattoos may interfere with Apple Watch functions, reports say - 8 replies
- Flaw in iPad 'flight bag' software grounds AA flights [U] - 7 replies