Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New 2-bay RAID announced
Sans Digital has announced the TowerRAID TR2UT, a two-bay storage enclosure, offering eSATA and USB 2.0 interfaces and hardware RAID striping and mirroring. The TR2UT uses a Silicon Image 5744 chipset for its built-in RAID features and the two bays support up to 2TB of storage (1TB in RAID 1 mirroring mode). The tower also offers spanning and JBOD (just a bunch of disks) RAID modes, and offers a trayless design. The new tower will support the Mac OS, as well as Linux and Windows. (Pricing has not been announced.)
Chimps Ahoy updated
Griptonite Games has announced an update to Chimps Ahoy, its iPhone game available now in a full and lite version. The full version, v1.1, features two chimps throwing coconuts to one-another, trying to break through obstacles in the middle of the screen. The brick-breaking game provides 100 levels of play, with a variety of enemies to be eliminated and various power-ups available (double-coconuts and beach balls among them). Version 1.1 adds audio and gameplay updates, and has a reduced price. It is available through the iTunes App Store for $5 or as a free lite version, with seven levels of play.
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price to gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...Narrative Clip
With the advent of social media technology, people have been searching for new ways to share the events of their daily lives -- be it ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 20 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 12 replies
- Dell teases world's first 27-inch 5K computer monitor - 11 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Apple cagey about Watch battery life, working on improvements - 10 replies
- Opinion: Why a larger iPad makes sense - 10 replies