Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New 2-bay RAID announced
Sans Digital has announced the TowerRAID TR2UT, a two-bay storage enclosure, offering eSATA and USB 2.0 interfaces and hardware RAID striping and mirroring. The TR2UT uses a Silicon Image 5744 chipset for its built-in RAID features and the two bays support up to 2TB of storage (1TB in RAID 1 mirroring mode). The tower also offers spanning and JBOD (just a bunch of disks) RAID modes, and offers a trayless design. The new tower will support the Mac OS, as well as Linux and Windows. (Pricing has not been announced.)
Chimps Ahoy updated
Griptonite Games has announced an update to Chimps Ahoy, its iPhone game available now in a full and lite version. The full version, v1.1, features two chimps throwing coconuts to one-another, trying to break through obstacles in the middle of the screen. The brick-breaking game provides 100 levels of play, with a variety of enemies to be eliminated and various power-ups available (double-coconuts and beach balls among them). Version 1.1 adds audio and gameplay updates, and has a reduced price. It is available through the iTunes App Store for $5 or as a free lite version, with seven levels of play.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies