Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New 2-bay RAID announced
Sans Digital has announced the TowerRAID TR2UT, a two-bay storage enclosure, offering eSATA and USB 2.0 interfaces and hardware RAID striping and mirroring. The TR2UT uses a Silicon Image 5744 chipset for its built-in RAID features and the two bays support up to 2TB of storage (1TB in RAID 1 mirroring mode). The tower also offers spanning and JBOD (just a bunch of disks) RAID modes, and offers a trayless design. The new tower will support the Mac OS, as well as Linux and Windows. (Pricing has not been announced.)
Chimps Ahoy updated
Griptonite Games has announced an update to Chimps Ahoy, its iPhone game available now in a full and lite version. The full version, v1.1, features two chimps throwing coconuts to one-another, trying to break through obstacles in the middle of the screen. The brick-breaking game provides 100 levels of play, with a variety of enemies to be eliminated and various power-ups available (double-coconuts and beach balls among them). Version 1.1 adds audio and gameplay updates, and has a reduced price. It is available through the iTunes App Store for $5 or as a free lite version, with seven levels of play.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...Entry-level 27-inch Retina iMac
The 27-inch Apple iMac with 5K Retina display is already one of the best value-for-money Macs that Apple has ever released. It was som ...
10 Most Discussed
- Neil Young says he will pull music catalog from streaming services - 24 replies
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Apple takes lid off 64-bit A8 iPod touch, now up to 128GB - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies