Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New 2-bay RAID announced
Sans Digital has announced the TowerRAID TR2UT, a two-bay storage enclosure, offering eSATA and USB 2.0 interfaces and hardware RAID striping and mirroring. The TR2UT uses a Silicon Image 5744 chipset for its built-in RAID features and the two bays support up to 2TB of storage (1TB in RAID 1 mirroring mode). The tower also offers spanning and JBOD (just a bunch of disks) RAID modes, and offers a trayless design. The new tower will support the Mac OS, as well as Linux and Windows. (Pricing has not been announced.)
Chimps Ahoy updated
Griptonite Games has announced an update to Chimps Ahoy, its iPhone game available now in a full and lite version. The full version, v1.1, features two chimps throwing coconuts to one-another, trying to break through obstacles in the middle of the screen. The brick-breaking game provides 100 levels of play, with a variety of enemies to be eliminated and various power-ups available (double-coconuts and beach balls among them). Version 1.1 adds audio and gameplay updates, and has a reduced price. It is available through the iTunes App Store for $5 or as a free lite version, with seven levels of play.
When hitting the gym or going out for a trail run, headphones can cause a number of problems. From the ear buds getting slimy with swe ...Adesso Xtream S3B Bluetooth speaker
Finding a speaker purpose-built for a specific need is challenging. Even when a Bluetooth speaker can be paired with a mobile device, ...JBL Synchros E40BT headphones
For all the different configurations of headphones on the market, it's always a tough choice for buyers to get something that is just ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 25 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- SEC: Apple bought back another $5 billion in stock in June quarter - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Coalition of authors blames 'thuggish' Amazon for Hachette dispute - 10 replies
- Microsoft rolls out major update of OneNote for iPad, iPhone, Mac - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies