updated 08:00 am EDT, Wed June 25, 2008
Keyboard Maestro 3.2
Stairways Software on Wednesday announced Keyboard Maestro 3.2, the latest evolution of its productivity enhancing 'keyboard macro' application for OS X. The software allows users to design a custom action sequence with their own shortcuts and use them at any time - all by pressing simple keystrokes; version 3.2 brings a host of bug fixes and code-level enhancements, as well as a range of new features, including the ability to records macros for replay at a later date, new options for pre-recorded 'triggering' of macros and an improved user interface.
Stairways Software also notes the following new developments:
* Macro Group options including:
- Enable contained Macros only immediately after a Hot Key press.
- Toggle contained Macros with a Hot Key press.
- Display a floating palette of contained Macros only after a Hot Key press.
- Toggle display of a floating palette of contained Macros with a Hot Key press.
- Display a floating palette of contained Macros.
* Added extensive Help to Macro Group Editor
* Added Quick Start help to Macros Pane
* Try Now button tries only selected actions.
* Script pseudo-trigger.
* Wake trigger.
* Login trigger.
* Added Alert action with Stop/Continue dialog.
* Support Delete key in Clipboard History Switcher.
* Allow Macros without any direct triggers.
* Move Clipboard -> Insert Text action menu item to Text -> Insert Text
* Disable editing for Global Macro Group.
* Save & Restore Unix/AppleScript Results Window Size & Position.
* Save Log files in ~/Library/Log/Keyboard Maestro folder.
* Remove Macro Group "Never" - replace with Disabled.
The software is priced at $36 for a single-user license, and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later.