updated 08:15 am EDT, Tue June 24, 2008
Macease launches Print It!
Macease recently announced a new update to its WYSIWYG printing solution for OS X, taking the wraps off Print it! 3.0. With the sole aim of extending the printing options available to Mac OS X users, version 3.0 allows users to instantly select, print and save anything they see on their Mac's display -- regardless of location or application. By means of a simple keystroke combination, data can be highlighted, printed or saved directly from internet browsers and OS X Finder windows, including error messages, email fragments, widget contents and data from documents or databases. With the addition of 'PrintBoards', this information can be sorted, filed or saved complete with date and time-stamps for usage at a later date.
Macease cites the following upgrades in Print it! 3.0:
* A Projects menu has been added and Print It! now allows users to simultaneously have up to 5 PrintBoard projects for mining/saving/printing data of any type. (As with earlier versions of Print It!, these projects also can be converted to PDF files.)
* Users now can name their projects for easy and instant indentification/organization.
* The Auto-Scaling Guide in earlier versions of Print It! let users set a preference item to configure it for either the Portrait or Landscape Page Setup mode. Print It! 3.0 enables users to hold down a single key (the "C" key ) while selecting their data to temporarily override the preference setting and instantly toggle the Auto-Scaling Guide's Page Setup mode.
* When saving data to a PrintBoard project with Print It! 3.0, the Auto-Scaling Guide's info can automatically be added to the project for future reference.
* Numerous additional enhancements have been added to Print It!.
It requires Mac OS X 10.3 or later and any PPC- or Intel-based Mac; a single-user license is $30.