updated 08:45 am EDT, Tue June 24, 2008
Bookends 10.3 released
Sonny Software this week announced the launch of Bookends 10.3, the latest update to its fully featured bibliography and reference management software for Mac OS X. Aimed at students, academics and professionals, Bookends is a quick and easy to use application designed to obtain, locate, reference or annotate text, as well as create extensive bibliographies. The software features an easy-to-use interface, well-structured preview screens, and integration with essential applications such as 'Google Scholar' and Microsoft Word v.X and 2004 editions.
Version 10.3 enhancements include:
• Google Scholar Online Search.
• Download .pdfs from JSTOR and Web of Science with one click (access privileges required).
• The 'Get PDF' menu option searches a broader range of sources.
• Automatic download of reference information from Google Scholar when attaching a .pdf file to a document.
• Automatic database synchronization (Auto Sync).
• Create a Subject Bibliography when scanning a document.
Bookends 10.3 is priced at $100 ($70 for students), or is available as a free upgrade for users who purchased a previous version after 1st July 2007. Sonnysoftware.com also features full details of significant discounts available for users switching from other reference management applications.