updated 05:40 pm EDT, Mon June 23, 2008
Apps Glide MiLife ShoveBox
- TransMedia on Friday unveiled a new version of its integrated contact and email management interface, Glide, adding support for Ymail, Rocketmail, and Yahoo Mail, integrating with them the service's advanced security and file sharing features. Glide allows users on Mac, PC, Linux, the iPhone, and other mobile devices to have one-login access to multiple email accounts, as well as word processor-like file handling, and support for images and large attachments.
- BravoBug Software released MiLife 1.1 ($15), an update to its journaling and note-taking software, adding over a dozen improvements to the application. MiLife now supports rich-text, with simplified photo importing, and AES-128 bit encrypted passwords.
- Wonder Warp Software unveiled ShoveBox 1.2 ($25), adding a "Save PDF to ShoveBox" option and basic AppleScript support into its productivity application. Shovebox also features several other enhancements and bugfixes.
- Macware on Friday announced version 1.8.000 of Logo Design Studio Pro ($60), adding to the application support for SVG files, a new browser, over 1300 pre-designed SVG objects, the latest version of the Sparkle framework, as well as other minor bug fixes and enhancements.
- Toronto-based Agile Web Solutions introduced 1Password 2.6.5 ($35), featuring improved support for Firefox 3 and the Safari 4 Developer Preview. The update also offers functionality for DEVONagent 2.3.1, OmniWeb Sneaky Peaks, and Flock 2, as well as other stability improvements.
- Dejal unveiled Simon 2.4.1 ($30), an update to its site-monitoring tool, which tests web pages, FTP, DNS, local and remote ports or volumes, and other services for changes or failures. The update offers several important fixes for the Port service and notifier plug-in, among others.