Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Snow Leopard Screenshots
A German web site has posted photos of the test build of OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard," and describes it as "interesting -- but not overwhelming." Apple has told developers Snow Leopard will focus on boosting performance, not on new features. But Apfleltalk.de found at least one new feature -- the ability to create desktop web applications, much like the iPhone version of OS X. The site says Safari 4 includes a pull-down menu called "Save as Web Application" allowing users to create desktop versions of web apps, and place them in the Dock. It's not clear if these are simply web bookmarks, or actual applications that can be used offline such as Flicker or Photoshop Express. Clicking a saved item launches a stripped-down version of Safari with immediate access to a particular site or web application, similar to the way the iPhone stores web bookmarks.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 9 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies