updated 05:45 am EDT, Thu June 19, 2008
Troi File Plug-In 4.5
Troi Automatisering has unveiled its Troi File Plug-In 4.5 for Filemaker Pro 9, adding 'drag and drop' functionality to file and media manipulations, as well as numerous bug fixes and 'under the hood' improvements. Adding to over 60 previously available functions, Troi 4.5 introduces support for GPS, XMP and timecode metadata, as well as a 'reveal' feature, allowing users to see the exact location of files and folders on a system hard disk. It requires a copy of Filemaker Pro 7, 8 or 9, and Mac OS X 10.4.5 or higher and costs $90 per user (available immediately).
Troi details the following suggested uses for the File 4.5 plug-in:
- Use FileMaker as a photo gallery or movie archive
- Manage complete projects, including documents, images, and the metadata like Exif, GPS, XMP and IPTC
- Batch import any file, anywhere
- Let the user drop a folder on the FileMaker window and process the contents of this folder
- Create a web site by exporting multiple HTML files
- Update solutions, by moving database files into place
- Read and write custom formatted files, for example from legacy systems
"Troi File Plug-in 4.5 packs a lot of new features users have been asking for. I think solution builders will be most excited about the drag and drop function, as it makes it so easy for users to add files to a FileMaker database solution," Peter Baanen, the company president, said.
A free upgrade is available for versions of the plug-in purchased after March 1st 2007 and users are offered a upgrade price of $50 for copies purchased before March 2007.