updated 01:20 pm EDT, Tue June 17, 2008
Illuma lights up video
Digieffects has unveiled its Illuma plug-in allowing editors to correct lighting problems with video taken in the field. Illuma includes a variety of effects, including halo, glow, radiance and “lightracer,” which enhances visible light sources, particularly in low-light settings. Illuma supports Final Cut Pro, Combustion, After Effects, Premiere Pro and Boris Red. Illuma is a Universal Binary and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or higher (and 1MB RAM). It is available for immediate download at $100.
Digieffects offers the following details:
• Halo: An easy to use bloom/blur effect with color channel control.
• Lightracer: Enhances visible light sources, particularly in dark settings as well as providing options for creating unique image looks.
• Radiance: The stuff of dream sequences...gentle glow with a versatile set of tools including intensity and threshold for each individual color channel.
• Photogust: Fast and effective point emanation blurs.
• Luminus: Just the right glow is easy to achieve with lots of control including multiple effect blend modes.
Simulate: Illuma is the first plugin package in the Digieffects Simulate series of plugin packages. Simulate: Camera and Simulate: Pyro are due to be released later this summer.
"We have several new plugin packages in development at Digieffects. Simulate: Illuma is the first of several new releases slated for 2008 to follow Damage which we launched in March and is now one of our best-selling products", says Robert Sharp, President of Digieffects.
Simulate: Illuma also shares the following features (along with all Digieffects software launched after January 2008):
• Randomizer: Part of the custom User Interface, it offers multiple parameters that will simultaneously adjust causing completely new results.
• Presets: The unique aspect of the Digieffects presets is their portability. Once you've saved your effect parameters, these can be moved between supported host applications.