Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Sling Mobile for iPhone
Sling Media today made official that it has been developing a version of its SlingPlayer Mobile software for the Apple iPhone. The software is described as a "proof of concept" developed using jailbroken iPhones but offers much of the same functionality as the released applications for Symbian S60, Windows Mobile, and other cellphone platforms. Users can navigate a Slingbox network streaming hub connected to a home TV feed and choose channels through a visual guide as well as stop or skip through playback.
BlackBerry Thunder Shot
Research in Motion's BlackBerry Thunder has been spotted in an official product shot obtained Sunday by BGR. The image confirms reports of the device being the first touchscreen smartphone from RIM but suggests the device will keep the distinctive BlackBerry keys: aside from the calling and menu buttons, it will also have left- and right-side shortcuts. RIM has dropped the trackball and expects users to scroll with their fingers, but includes a new lock button and a completely new play/pause button, suggesting the phone will have a full-sized headphone jack for playing music and videos.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- New iOS 8.1.2 release solves problems with missing ringtones - 6 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies