Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Leaked 3G iPhone firmware
New leaked 3G firmware ahead of the expected iPhone launch at WWDC on Monday has revealed some detailed information about the chips used next-generation device. The last minute report, courtesy of Engagdet and based on leaked "3G" iPhone firmware, says that Apple will use the Infineon PMB6952 ("S-GOLD3") chip, allowing the phone to be used on both UMTS and HSPA "3G" networks around the world. UTMS-based third-generation "3G" mobile networks are used around the world, while faster HSPA are being rolled out in Europe and the US (AT&T is expected to full HSPA coverage by late June).
Nokia N95 8GB Review
Nokia has often saved its best smartphones for Europe -- and it's a move that has cost the company North American marketshare as the iPhone and other devices pass it by. The N95 8GB North America Model (NAM), however, is evidence that the company is making amends for slacking off, especially now that the phone is finally available through an official carrier (in the form of Rogers Wireless) and has all its features exposed. Putting this penultimate version of the N95 through its paces reveals a very powerful and flexible phone that nonetheless feels somewhat hamstrung by Nokia's legacy; click ahead for the full review and learn whether the phone can stand up well against Apple and other fierce competitors.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Hands On: Griffin Powermate Bluetooth - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Appeals court opens door to FTC oversight of corporate cyber security - 6 replies