Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Leaked 3G iPhone firmware
New leaked 3G firmware ahead of the expected iPhone launch at WWDC on Monday has revealed some detailed information about the chips used next-generation device. The last minute report, courtesy of Engagdet and based on leaked "3G" iPhone firmware, says that Apple will use the Infineon PMB6952 ("S-GOLD3") chip, allowing the phone to be used on both UMTS and HSPA "3G" networks around the world. UTMS-based third-generation "3G" mobile networks are used around the world, while faster HSPA are being rolled out in Europe and the US (AT&T is expected to full HSPA coverage by late June).
Nokia N95 8GB Review
Nokia has often saved its best smartphones for Europe -- and it's a move that has cost the company North American marketshare as the iPhone and other devices pass it by. The N95 8GB North America Model (NAM), however, is evidence that the company is making amends for slacking off, especially now that the phone is finally available through an official carrier (in the form of Rogers Wireless) and has all its features exposed. Putting this penultimate version of the N95 through its paces reveals a very powerful and flexible phone that nonetheless feels somewhat hamstrung by Nokia's legacy; click ahead for the full review and learn whether the phone can stand up well against Apple and other fierce competitors.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 16 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies