Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Leaked 3G iPhone firmware
New leaked 3G firmware ahead of the expected iPhone launch at WWDC on Monday has revealed some detailed information about the chips used next-generation device. The last minute report, courtesy of Engagdet and based on leaked "3G" iPhone firmware, says that Apple will use the Infineon PMB6952 ("S-GOLD3") chip, allowing the phone to be used on both UMTS and HSPA "3G" networks around the world. UTMS-based third-generation "3G" mobile networks are used around the world, while faster HSPA are being rolled out in Europe and the US (AT&T is expected to full HSPA coverage by late June).
Nokia N95 8GB Review
Nokia has often saved its best smartphones for Europe -- and it's a move that has cost the company North American marketshare as the iPhone and other devices pass it by. The N95 8GB North America Model (NAM), however, is evidence that the company is making amends for slacking off, especially now that the phone is finally available through an official carrier (in the form of Rogers Wireless) and has all its features exposed. Putting this penultimate version of the N95 through its paces reveals a very powerful and flexible phone that nonetheless feels somewhat hamstrung by Nokia's legacy; click ahead for the full review and learn whether the phone can stand up well against Apple and other fierce competitors.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to myriad cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt that over ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Man fined $120 for using Apple Watch while driving - 15 replies
- Jony Ive promoted to Chief Design Officer at Apple - 13 replies
- Hands On: Google Photos 1.0.0 (iOS) - 8 replies
- Pointers: Yes, you can still burn a music CD in iTunes - 8 replies
- Pointers: Mastering the OS X Dock - 5 replies
- Pointers: Sign your PDFs in Preview - 5 replies
- Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - 4 replies
- Ex-GT Advanced AZ Apple facility suffers roof fire, cause unknown - 4 replies
- Editorial: FCC, lawsuits, Net Neutrality, and The Bill of Rights - 4 replies
- Amazon same-day delivery adds free option for Amazon Prime members - 4 replies