Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
3G on/off option on iPhone
Apple's latest iPhone 2 beta 5 firmware shows that the company will allow users to turn off access to the faster "3G" network to preserve battery life. The 3G network, while offering faster download speeds, consumes more power and will likely reduce battery life significantly. The screenshot surfaced on an independent blog, along with code references that support the screenshot from the latest firmware (only available to a select group of developers): "Note that this is not fake, it is in the beta 5 .ipsw, but will normally not show up on an EDGE iPhone. Turning 3G on will just crash the phone if you use an EDGE phone. If you do not believe me, then decrypt the beta5 rootfs dmg, and see for yourself in /Applications/Preferences.app/Network.plist ," the developer wrote in his post.
When it comes to music on the go, consumers generally have some options to consider when looking for the best experience. While Blueto ...Pure Jongo T2 wireless speaker
Multi-room audio compatibility is a key metric for wireless sound systems these days. The entry cost into a house-spanning system can ...Logitech Z213 multimedia speakers
Desktop computer speakers sit in a weird area of limbo: many consumers have forgone the era of desktop listening for the privacy and v ...
10 Most Discussed
- Oregon Apple Store 'slur' incident being investigated - 31 replies
- Opinion: Why the Apple iWatch will succeed (Part 1) - 17 replies
- Atlantic Magazine notes trend to Chromebooks in schools - 12 replies
- Opinion: Hachette and Amazon fight, who loses? - 12 replies
- T-Mobile announces plan to throttle those abusing 'unlimited' data - 11 replies
- Judge rejects proposed $324.5M anti-poaching case settlement - 11 replies
- NewerTech accessory fools 'headless' Mac minis into turning on GPU - 9 replies
- Apple issues diversity report, promises better gender/racial balance - 8 replies
- Disney latest victim of Amazon DVD pre-order denial - 8 replies
- Skype suddenly blocks users with OS X 10.5 or earlier - 7 replies