Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
3G on/off option on iPhone
Apple's latest iPhone 2 beta 5 firmware shows that the company will allow users to turn off access to the faster "3G" network to preserve battery life. The 3G network, while offering faster download speeds, consumes more power and will likely reduce battery life significantly. The screenshot surfaced on an independent blog, along with code references that support the screenshot from the latest firmware (only available to a select group of developers): "Note that this is not fake, it is in the beta 5 .ipsw, but will normally not show up on an EDGE iPhone. Turning 3G on will just crash the phone if you use an EDGE phone. If you do not believe me, then decrypt the beta5 rootfs dmg, and see for yourself in /Applications/Preferences.app/Network.plist ," the developer wrote in his post.
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...Plantronics Rig Surround 7.1 headset
Trying to capture the true soundscape of video games can be a daunting task. Looking to surround-sound home theater options, users hav ...Adesso Compagno X Bluetooth keyboard
The shift from typing on physical keyboards to digital versions on smartphones and tablets hasn't been an easy for many consumers. Fr ...
10 Most Discussed
- U2 frontman Bono apologizes for auto downloads of 'Songs of Innocence' - 13 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite formally released - 12 replies
- Apple confirms October 16 press event - 12 replies
- 'One more thing' from Apple: Mac mini refresh - 11 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies
- Microsoft smartwatch touted for launch within weeks, sale soon after - 11 replies
- Photos allegedly show assembled second-gen iPad Air model - 10 replies
- Finnish Prime Minister partly blames Apple for economic troubles - 9 replies