Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Microsoft Nixes Yahoo Bid
Microsoft on Saturday evening triggered surprise by withdrawing its bid for Yahoo. Company chief Steve Ballmer has validated earlier public comments expressing doubt over the viability of concluding a deal and has revealed that Microsoft offered to raise its bid up to $33 per share in an attempt to win over the Yahoo board of directors, which has insisted so far that the initial $31 per share bid undervalues the search engine giant's worth. The Microsoft executive also states that Yahoo has insisted on a higher-still bid and that his firm doesn't consider an extended proxy effort to install a sympathetic board to be effective.
HTC Touch Diamond Photos
HTC's Touch Diamond smartphone has been all but completely revealed today through a set of photos leaked today by NewsMobile. The sequel to the original Touch is now known to earn its Diamond name through a subtle, angular geometry on the back that recalls Nokia's Prism lineup. The Diamond will also be narrower than the original, but will also be taller courtesy of dedicated Back and Home buttons alongside the control pad.
T-Mo May Buy Sprint
T-Mobile's parent company Deutsche Telekom is seriously considering merging with or taking over Sprint, claims the German national magazine Der Spiegel. A continued weakening of US currency values, combined with worsening results at Sprint, is reportedly leading the European company to investigate transactions that would help T-Mobile USA gain ground in the US market and better compete against AT&T. The opportunity is rare and would cost Deutsche Telekom less than it did to buy VoiceStream in 2001 and assume its role as one of the largest American carriers, according to the report.
Keeping an eye on the home while out and about these days is common practice, assisted by modern technology. Internet cameras became p ...Fugoo Bluetooth speaker
It's rare to find a Bluetooth speaker that can cover a large array of needs. Generally, speakers are wrapped in a desktop-convenient ...Epson LW-600P
Label makers are traditionally simple machines that perform a single task which people feel they can either live with or without. In m ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple kills work on Aperture, shifts efforts to Yosemite's Photos app - 21 replies
- Russia passes law requiring social media data be housed in-country - 15 replies
- Apple promises 'professional-grade' features in OS X Photos - 13 replies
- Opinion: Buy an iPhone 5s now, or wait for the iPhone 6? - 13 replies
- Facebook toys with the emotions of users in the name of science - 11 replies
- Monkey Parking creator refuses shutdown order, fights San Francisco - 10 replies
- Kantar: iPhone 5s, 5c outselling Samsung S5 in Europe - 9 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Los Angeles school district pulls plug on iPads, moves to laptops - 9 replies
- MacNN testing: Microsoft domain seizure blocks VPN, allows odd traffic - 8 replies