Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Microsoft Nixes Yahoo Bid
Microsoft on Saturday evening triggered surprise by withdrawing its bid for Yahoo. Company chief Steve Ballmer has validated earlier public comments expressing doubt over the viability of concluding a deal and has revealed that Microsoft offered to raise its bid up to $33 per share in an attempt to win over the Yahoo board of directors, which has insisted so far that the initial $31 per share bid undervalues the search engine giant's worth. The Microsoft executive also states that Yahoo has insisted on a higher-still bid and that his firm doesn't consider an extended proxy effort to install a sympathetic board to be effective.
HTC Touch Diamond Photos
HTC's Touch Diamond smartphone has been all but completely revealed today through a set of photos leaked today by NewsMobile. The sequel to the original Touch is now known to earn its Diamond name through a subtle, angular geometry on the back that recalls Nokia's Prism lineup. The Diamond will also be narrower than the original, but will also be taller courtesy of dedicated Back and Home buttons alongside the control pad.
T-Mo May Buy Sprint
T-Mobile's parent company Deutsche Telekom is seriously considering merging with or taking over Sprint, claims the German national magazine Der Spiegel. A continued weakening of US currency values, combined with worsening results at Sprint, is reportedly leading the European company to investigate transactions that would help T-Mobile USA gain ground in the US market and better compete against AT&T. The opportunity is rare and would cost Deutsche Telekom less than it did to buy VoiceStream in 2001 and assume its role as one of the largest American carriers, according to the report.
Sometimes, people need to scan things, but having a computer at hand to do so isn't exactly feasible. Maybe it's the home of a relat ...Dell AD211 Bluetooth speaker
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 12 replies
- Obama wants stronger cyber-security laws in 2015 - 12 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 11 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Apple to charge VAT per-country at European App Stores - 6 replies
- CalDigit reveals $200 Thunderbolt Station 2 - 6 replies
- Apple rejects conclusions of BBC expose showing supply chain abuses - 6 replies