Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iControl for iPhone
Apple may be preparing to add iPhone (and iPod touch) functions to connect to and play media from nearby iTunes sources. Citing an "anonymous tipster," TUAW reports that code found in the latest firmware release points to a new iPhone application called iControl, which it says could be part of Apple's own plan to release new software applications based on forthcoming iPhone SDK. Based on strings found in the code of the latest private iPhone firmware beta, the application would allow users to connect to shared iTunes library running on a PC to playback songs or view videos. According to the report, the media navigator will allow users to view videos, play podcasts, listen to music and even support shuffle playback from the iTunes library. If true, iPhone and iPod touch users would not only be able to playback media from their device, but may also be able to actively control iTunes installed on a PC.
Koingo ships Mac Pilot 3
Koingo Software has unveiled Mac Pilot 3, the incarnation of its tinker tool for Mac OS X that sports approximately two hundred new features and enhancements. According to the company, the total number of features in Mac Pilot now exceeds six-hundred, allowing users to completely customize the Dock, Finder, Safari, and numerous other Apple and third-party applications with a few mouse clicks. The software allows users to alter the configuration of the Mac OS X file server with over fifty customizable options, fine tune the network card for broadband, erase logs and caches, change disk settings, disable Spotlight, schedule power events, view a character map for fonts, and more.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 17 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Apple purging XcodeGhost-afflicted apps, Angry Birds 2 among infected - 12 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Security flaw in iOS 9 discovered, could expose photos, contacts - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies