Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iControl for iPhone
Apple may be preparing to add iPhone (and iPod touch) functions to connect to and play media from nearby iTunes sources. Citing an "anonymous tipster," TUAW reports that code found in the latest firmware release points to a new iPhone application called iControl, which it says could be part of Apple's own plan to release new software applications based on forthcoming iPhone SDK. Based on strings found in the code of the latest private iPhone firmware beta, the application would allow users to connect to shared iTunes library running on a PC to playback songs or view videos. According to the report, the media navigator will allow users to view videos, play podcasts, listen to music and even support shuffle playback from the iTunes library. If true, iPhone and iPod touch users would not only be able to playback media from their device, but may also be able to actively control iTunes installed on a PC.
Koingo ships Mac Pilot 3
Koingo Software has unveiled Mac Pilot 3, the incarnation of its tinker tool for Mac OS X that sports approximately two hundred new features and enhancements. According to the company, the total number of features in Mac Pilot now exceeds six-hundred, allowing users to completely customize the Dock, Finder, Safari, and numerous other Apple and third-party applications with a few mouse clicks. The software allows users to alter the configuration of the Mac OS X file server with over fifty customizable options, fine tune the network card for broadband, erase logs and caches, change disk settings, disable Spotlight, schedule power events, view a character map for fonts, and more.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Apple Music subscriptions kill ALAC playback on iOS - 13 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 9 replies
- My Stupid Fault: don't look back in anger - 8 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 7 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Apple releases Diversity Report, minority hiring up - 7 replies