Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iControl for iPhone
Apple may be preparing to add iPhone (and iPod touch) functions to connect to and play media from nearby iTunes sources. Citing an "anonymous tipster," TUAW reports that code found in the latest firmware release points to a new iPhone application called iControl, which it says could be part of Apple's own plan to release new software applications based on forthcoming iPhone SDK. Based on strings found in the code of the latest private iPhone firmware beta, the application would allow users to connect to shared iTunes library running on a PC to playback songs or view videos. According to the report, the media navigator will allow users to view videos, play podcasts, listen to music and even support shuffle playback from the iTunes library. If true, iPhone and iPod touch users would not only be able to playback media from their device, but may also be able to actively control iTunes installed on a PC.
Koingo ships Mac Pilot 3
Koingo Software has unveiled Mac Pilot 3, the incarnation of its tinker tool for Mac OS X that sports approximately two hundred new features and enhancements. According to the company, the total number of features in Mac Pilot now exceeds six-hundred, allowing users to completely customize the Dock, Finder, Safari, and numerous other Apple and third-party applications with a few mouse clicks. The software allows users to alter the configuration of the Mac OS X file server with over fifty customizable options, fine tune the network card for broadband, erase logs and caches, change disk settings, disable Spotlight, schedule power events, view a character map for fonts, and more.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 22 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- F.lux developers pull sideloaded app following Apple's complaint - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Tim Cook addresses retail, commences 'inclusion training' company-wide - 7 replies
- First Look: Apple iPad Pro - 7 replies