Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iControl for iPhone
Apple may be preparing to add iPhone (and iPod touch) functions to connect to and play media from nearby iTunes sources. Citing an "anonymous tipster," TUAW reports that code found in the latest firmware release points to a new iPhone application called iControl, which it says could be part of Apple's own plan to release new software applications based on forthcoming iPhone SDK. Based on strings found in the code of the latest private iPhone firmware beta, the application would allow users to connect to shared iTunes library running on a PC to playback songs or view videos. According to the report, the media navigator will allow users to view videos, play podcasts, listen to music and even support shuffle playback from the iTunes library. If true, iPhone and iPod touch users would not only be able to playback media from their device, but may also be able to actively control iTunes installed on a PC.
Koingo ships Mac Pilot 3
Koingo Software has unveiled Mac Pilot 3, the incarnation of its tinker tool for Mac OS X that sports approximately two hundred new features and enhancements. According to the company, the total number of features in Mac Pilot now exceeds six-hundred, allowing users to completely customize the Dock, Finder, Safari, and numerous other Apple and third-party applications with a few mouse clicks. The software allows users to alter the configuration of the Mac OS X file server with over fifty customizable options, fine tune the network card for broadband, erase logs and caches, change disk settings, disable Spotlight, schedule power events, view a character map for fonts, and more.
Although the new darling of the Apple MacBook line up is the all-new MacBook, Apple has given its popular 13-inch MacBook Pro with Ret ...Griffin Twenty
A few years ago Griffin launched the original Twenty, a small digital amp that used an AirPort Express to turn any set of passive spea ...Seagate Wireless
It seems like no matter how much internal storage is included today's mobile devices, we, as users, will always find a way to fill th ...
10 Most Discussed
- Hands On: Photos 1.0 (OS X) - 34 replies
- Apple patches root escalation in Yosemite, older may not see patch - 18 replies
- First Look: All-new 12-inch Apple MacBook - 18 replies
- Apple releases OS X 10.10.3, Photos for Mac, iOS 8.3 - 17 replies
- Backup Utility Smackdown (OS X) - 16 replies
- Apple updates iTunes, declares 2009 MacBook Pros obsolete - 13 replies
- Apple Watch: Pre-orders live, delays, Apple Care+ prices revealed [U] - 11 replies
- Google ARC Welder allows Android apps to run in Chrome browser - 10 replies
- Pointers: don't forward your OS X Mail, redirect it - 8 replies
- Retina 12-inch MacBook teardowns reveal low repairability - 8 replies