Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
AMD reveals 45nm Shanghai
AMD engineers this week said that the company plans on introducing new 12-core processors later this year. The first processors based on 45nm Shanghai platform are due later this year and will be nearly identical to the B3 variant of the Socket 1207 Opteron (Barcelona) shipping today, according to DailyTech. The processors will reportedly use the faster HyperTransport 3.0 for inter-CPU communication and will debut later this year as a "native six-core" Shanghai derivative, currently code-named Istanbul. That processor, the report claims, is "clearly targeted at Intel's recently announced six-core, 45nm Dunnington processor." A few months later, Shanghai and its derivatives will also get twin-die per package treatment, allowing for up to 12-cores per package, the report says.
Powerline Network Adapter
MacWireless.com has announced its new ultra-fast Powerline Network Adapter 200Mbps for Macs. Powerline networking allows users to route a network through the electrical lines that are already built into any home or office. Offering speeds up to 200Mbps, users can easily install an Ethernet network to other floors or rooms in the building without the need to run wires. The devices convert data from any computer into a signal that can be transmitted over standard AC wires. According to the company, the signal does not interfere with the ordinary current traveling through the wires and up to 16 devices can be used on a single network (up to 980 feet of electrical wire). The adapters, which do not require drivers, support Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X, and Windows.
ASUS Eee PC 900 US Launch
ASUS today broke out of its normal schedule to firm up the US launch schedule for the Eee PC 900. The 8.9-inch update to the design will ship on May 12th and will come in the same trim levels as its international counterparts. Every updated Eee will come with 1GB of memory, an unspecified Intel processor (initially believed to be the Celeron M), and a 1.3-megapixel camera. The company will ship both a Windows XP version with 12GB of storage and a version using the original Linux OS with 20GB of storage. Variants should also be available in black or white.
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...Plantronics Rig Surround 7.1 headset
Trying to capture the true soundscape of video games can be a daunting task. Looking to surround-sound home theater options, users hav ...Adesso Compagno X Bluetooth keyboard
The shift from typing on physical keyboards to digital versions on smartphones and tablets hasn't been an easy for many consumers. Fr ...
10 Most Discussed
- U2 frontman Bono apologizes for auto downloads of 'Songs of Innocence' - 13 replies
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite formally released - 12 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies
- Microsoft smartwatch touted for launch within weeks, sale soon after - 11 replies
- 'One more thing' from Apple: Mac mini refresh - 11 replies
- Apple unveils new Retina iMac, featuring 5K display - 9 replies
- GT filings call Apple contract terms 'oppressive and burdensome' - 9 replies
- Kmart suffers huge breach, all shoppers since September likely victims - 9 replies