Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
StorPack combo RAID units
Enhance Technology recently announced it would combine its StorPack series multi-disk backplanes with the RocketRAID 3150, 3520, and 2312 series internal SATA RAID controllers, offering them as a dense storage option for embedded applications. The StorPack series allows users to mount multiple low-profile 3.5" drives into a standard 5.25" drive bay or external disk enclosure. Pricing was not readily available for the combinations.
CrazyTalk 5 live puppets
Reallusion recently unveiled CrazyTalk 5.0, a major update to its 3D character animation and lip-syncing application, adding support for non-human characters, enhanced facial meshes, and more. CrazyTalk 5.0 features real-time puppeteer control through the mouse or other input device, as well as five default puppet profiles, which can give the avatar a wicked, goofy, youthful, attractive, or grumpy demeanor. CrazyTalk 5.0 sells for $50, with a Pro version available for $150.
ASUS Eee Desktop Spotted
ASUS' long-promised Eee PC desktop has finally been pictured, according to shots sent into Hot Hardware. Referred to by ASUS as the E-DT, the system is designed to do for Linux desktops what the Eee PC accomplished for notebooks: the new design is both low-cost, foregoing an optical drive, but also fashionable with a side imprint and even a stand that appears to float the desktop off the ground. Systems should also be available in multiple colors, starting with at least black and white models.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 48 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies