Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
StorPack combo RAID units
Enhance Technology recently announced it would combine its StorPack series multi-disk backplanes with the RocketRAID 3150, 3520, and 2312 series internal SATA RAID controllers, offering them as a dense storage option for embedded applications. The StorPack series allows users to mount multiple low-profile 3.5" drives into a standard 5.25" drive bay or external disk enclosure. Pricing was not readily available for the combinations.
CrazyTalk 5 live puppets
Reallusion recently unveiled CrazyTalk 5.0, a major update to its 3D character animation and lip-syncing application, adding support for non-human characters, enhanced facial meshes, and more. CrazyTalk 5.0 features real-time puppeteer control through the mouse or other input device, as well as five default puppet profiles, which can give the avatar a wicked, goofy, youthful, attractive, or grumpy demeanor. CrazyTalk 5.0 sells for $50, with a Pro version available for $150.
ASUS Eee Desktop Spotted
ASUS' long-promised Eee PC desktop has finally been pictured, according to shots sent into Hot Hardware. Referred to by ASUS as the E-DT, the system is designed to do for Linux desktops what the Eee PC accomplished for notebooks: the new design is both low-cost, foregoing an optical drive, but also fashionable with a side imprint and even a stand that appears to float the desktop off the ground. Systems should also be available in multiple colors, starting with at least black and white models.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies