Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
StorPack combo RAID units
Enhance Technology recently announced it would combine its StorPack series multi-disk backplanes with the RocketRAID 3150, 3520, and 2312 series internal SATA RAID controllers, offering them as a dense storage option for embedded applications. The StorPack series allows users to mount multiple low-profile 3.5" drives into a standard 5.25" drive bay or external disk enclosure. Pricing was not readily available for the combinations.
CrazyTalk 5 live puppets
Reallusion recently unveiled CrazyTalk 5.0, a major update to its 3D character animation and lip-syncing application, adding support for non-human characters, enhanced facial meshes, and more. CrazyTalk 5.0 features real-time puppeteer control through the mouse or other input device, as well as five default puppet profiles, which can give the avatar a wicked, goofy, youthful, attractive, or grumpy demeanor. CrazyTalk 5.0 sells for $50, with a Pro version available for $150.
ASUS Eee Desktop Spotted
ASUS' long-promised Eee PC desktop has finally been pictured, according to shots sent into Hot Hardware. Referred to by ASUS as the E-DT, the system is designed to do for Linux desktops what the Eee PC accomplished for notebooks: the new design is both low-cost, foregoing an optical drive, but also fashionable with a side imprint and even a stand that appears to float the desktop off the ground. Systems should also be available in multiple colors, starting with at least black and white models.
The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS
Every computer with a microphone or headphone port has one -- a digital to analog converter (DAC). There are nearly as many chipsets a ...D-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug
Home automation fans have been getting their fair share of gadgets and accessories in the last few years. Starting with light bulbs, a ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 23 replies
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies
- Apple's iPad may pose risks for people with nickel allergies - 7 replies