Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Airport Extreme backup
On March 19th, Apple released a nonspecific update regarding its Airport ecosystem and Time Machine - simply stating optimizations and driver fixes - but it is revealed to allow Time Capsule-like functionality with standard Airport Extreme Base Stations. According to Macworld, the update allows users to back up using Time Machine to a standard USB hard drive that is connected to an Airport Extreme Base Station.
Inside Steve's Brain book
Author Leander Kahney recently wrote a book entitled "Inside Steve's Brain", an in-depth look into the mind of Apple CEO Steve Jobs and his contradictive cult of personality. Kahney, who has covered Steve Jobs since the early 1990s, writes about how Jobs' notorious personality hasn't impeded forging partnerships with industry greats, such as Steve Wozniak, Jonathan Ive, and John Lasseter. "Inside Steve's Brain is available for $25.
Native Aqua OpenOffice
The OpenOffice Mac porting team is reportedly working on a native Aqua version of its business productivity software suite, rather than simply porting the platform-independent Java version. The software is listed as being the third development snapshot, announcing a number of bug fixes and interface optimizations. OpenOffice says the newest version now uses a Mac OS X native print dialogue, and that extensions are installable through the improved GUI.
Dell Latitude E5K and E6K
Dell will lead off the introduction of its completely overhauled Latitude E-series with mainstream models that promise both a better image and new wireless features, according to details reported today by Engadget. Besides the visual redesign, the 14-inch E6400 and 15.4-inch E6500 will be the first Latitudes in their class to bring LED-backlit displays that offer better color and light; both receive the option with a 1440x900 panel, while the larger E6500 will also have the option of a 1920x1200 screen. The systems will have the option of 256MB dedicated NVIDIA graphics (likely Quadro chipsets) to drive their sharper displays.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 14 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies