Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Airport Extreme backup
On March 19th, Apple released a nonspecific update regarding its Airport ecosystem and Time Machine - simply stating optimizations and driver fixes - but it is revealed to allow Time Capsule-like functionality with standard Airport Extreme Base Stations. According to Macworld, the update allows users to back up using Time Machine to a standard USB hard drive that is connected to an Airport Extreme Base Station.
Inside Steve's Brain book
Author Leander Kahney recently wrote a book entitled "Inside Steve's Brain", an in-depth look into the mind of Apple CEO Steve Jobs and his contradictive cult of personality. Kahney, who has covered Steve Jobs since the early 1990s, writes about how Jobs' notorious personality hasn't impeded forging partnerships with industry greats, such as Steve Wozniak, Jonathan Ive, and John Lasseter. "Inside Steve's Brain is available for $25.
Native Aqua OpenOffice
The OpenOffice Mac porting team is reportedly working on a native Aqua version of its business productivity software suite, rather than simply porting the platform-independent Java version. The software is listed as being the third development snapshot, announcing a number of bug fixes and interface optimizations. OpenOffice says the newest version now uses a Mac OS X native print dialogue, and that extensions are installable through the improved GUI.
Dell Latitude E5K and E6K
Dell will lead off the introduction of its completely overhauled Latitude E-series with mainstream models that promise both a better image and new wireless features, according to details reported today by Engadget. Besides the visual redesign, the 14-inch E6400 and 15.4-inch E6500 will be the first Latitudes in their class to bring LED-backlit displays that offer better color and light; both receive the option with a 1440x900 panel, while the larger E6500 will also have the option of a 1920x1200 screen. The systems will have the option of 256MB dedicated NVIDIA graphics (likely Quadro chipsets) to drive their sharper displays.
It's rare to find a Bluetooth speaker that can cover a large array of needs. Generally, speakers are wrapped in a desktop-convenient ...Epson LW-600P
Label makers are traditionally simple machines that perform a single task which people feel they can either live with or without. In m ...Tylt Energi 2K battery pack
Backup batteries are gaining ground as one of the devices that, for many users, must be carried around every day. With lives connected ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple kills work on Aperture, shifts efforts to Yosemite's Photos app - 21 replies
- Russia passes law requiring social media data be housed in-country - 15 replies
- Opinion: Buy an iPhone 5s now, or wait for the iPhone 6? - 13 replies
- Apple promises 'professional-grade' features in OS X Photos - 13 replies
- Facebook toys with the emotions of users in the name of science - 11 replies
- Monkey Parking creator refuses shutdown order, fights San Francisco - 10 replies
- Los Angeles school district pulls plug on iPads, moves to laptops - 9 replies
- Kantar: iPhone 5s, 5c outselling Samsung S5 in Europe - 9 replies
- MacNN testing: Microsoft domain seizure blocks VPN, allows odd traffic - 8 replies
- Video compares iPhone 6 cover panel versus iPhone 5s - 7 replies