updated 02:35 pm EDT, Fri March 21, 2008
Sony A900 Alpha DSLR
A sneak peek at what is believed to be Sony's top-end digital SLR was offered at Japan's Photo Imaging Expo on Friday. The camera, dubbed A900 until an official name is released, is likely to use Sony's first full-size 24.8 megapixel sensor which would also be the biggest in the DSLR game. The new pro camera offers almost twice the image resolution of Sony's current best-resolution Alpha, the 14.2MP A350, and slightly outperforms Canon's 21.1MP EOS-1Ds Mark III.
According to a Sony representative at PIE, the new flagship will make its official debut either at the Photokina trade show in September or IFA in August. A prototype version of the A900 was shown at PMA last year, but this version appears to be one step closer to production. What Sony promised back then was a new image sensor, its Bionz image processing chip as well as Super SteadyShot image stabilization. The actual camera will record at a slightly reduced 24.6MP due to its sensors' limits.
From the photos, we can see a mini-HDMI connection is hidden under a flap to the side, which means images can be displayed on today's HDTVs. This feature is shared with Sony's lesser Alphas, as well as some of Nikon's offerings. The A900 also sports two scroll wheels, dedicated ISO and White Balance buttons. A new flash and grip for the high-end SLR were also on display at the show.
(Images via masterchong)
|08/26||Hands On: Leef iBridge for iPhone,...|
|08/12||Hands On: SanDisk Dual USB Drive with...|
|08/09||Apple Music's dirty little secret:...|
|08/08||Opinion: Windows 10 good, MS customer...|
|05/19||Apple Watch: Watch OS 1.0.1 update...|
|06/02||Hands On: Acer Liquid X2 tri-SIM smartphone...|
|03/02||Google+ to split into Photos, Hangouts...|
|03/02||Panasonic Nubo camera surveils via...|
|03/02||Android Pay to serve as Google's answer...|
|03/02||Google confirms plans for MVNO wireless...|
|02/03||LG 34-inch UltraWide cut to $750|
|02/03||SanDisk Pixtor 64GB SDXC class 10 memory...|
|02/02||Crucial MX100 series 128GB SSD cut...|
|02/02||$200 off Promise Pegasus2 R4 8TB|
|01/30||$211 off Dell UltraSharp 34-inch WQHD...|
FREE Apple, iPhone and Mac Newsletter
We will not share your email address with anyone.
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 27 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Apple Music subscriptions kill ALAC playback on iOS - 13 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- My Stupid Fault: don't look back in anger - 8 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 7 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Apple releases Diversity Report, minority hiring up - 7 replies