Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Shuttle without fanfare has rolled out the finished version of the KPC, its first Linux system targeted at the most basic of computer use. The small form factor box lowers the cost of the PC maker's normally gaming-focused systems in part by switching to Foresight Linux: without the cost of a Windows license, only the hardware affects the price. The low-demand operating system also reduces the need for faster components and allows Shuttle to run its OS well with just a 1.8GHz Celeron, 512MB of RAM, integrated graphics, and an 80GB hard drive; Shuttle also saves money by stripping out the optical drive but replaces it with Wi-Fi for wireless out of the box.
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...DoxieGo Portable Scanner
Sometimes, people need to scan things, but having a computer at hand to do so isn't exactly feasible. Maybe it's the home of a relat ...
10 Most Discussed
- LA schools' iPad program flawed from beginning, federal report says - 28 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- President Obama calls for overturning anti-municipal broadband laws - 16 replies
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 15 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 12 replies
- Obama sides with UK PM, calls for law enforcement-crackable encryption - 12 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- Principal filming on Universal Jobs biopic now underway - 8 replies
- Follow-up: new anti-poaching lawsuit settlement offer $415 million - 7 replies
- Google Glass 'graduates' from Google X, team reports to Tony Fadell - 6 replies