Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Shuttle without fanfare has rolled out the finished version of the KPC, its first Linux system targeted at the most basic of computer use. The small form factor box lowers the cost of the PC maker's normally gaming-focused systems in part by switching to Foresight Linux: without the cost of a Windows license, only the hardware affects the price. The low-demand operating system also reduces the need for faster components and allows Shuttle to run its OS well with just a 1.8GHz Celeron, 512MB of RAM, integrated graphics, and an 80GB hard drive; Shuttle also saves money by stripping out the optical drive but replaces it with Wi-Fi for wireless out of the box.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 14 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies