Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MacBook Air Selling Fast
Regardless of the recent added pressure from the ThinkPad X300, Apple's MacBook Air is in such high demand that the company is having trouble maintaining the device in stock, according to checks by Ars Technica as well as daily updates from the Mac producer's retail availability page. Both major outlets as well as many smaller, regional shops claim to be selling entire shipments despite receiving new units each day; Apple itself continues to list extended shipping delays for direct orders and ranks the Air as its strongest-selling computer more than a month after early shipments began.
Intel tonight kicked off Germany's CeBIT expo with the unveiling of Atom, a new processor line specifically tailored towards ultra-mobile PCs, mobile Internet devices (MIDs), and other handhelds. Previously nicknamed either Silverthorne or Diamondville, the processor series is built on the same 45 nanometer manufacturing process as newer Core 2 chips and shares the same instruction set, but is far smaller: a single US penny is large enough to fit 11 Atom processor dies, Intel touts. While simpler at 47 million transistors, this and size reduction techniques reduce its power use to between 0.6 and 2.5 watts, enough to fit in very small spaces.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Netflix forges agreement with Comcast to end video speed throttling - 14 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies