Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MacBook Air Selling Fast
Regardless of the recent added pressure from the ThinkPad X300, Apple's MacBook Air is in such high demand that the company is having trouble maintaining the device in stock, according to checks by Ars Technica as well as daily updates from the Mac producer's retail availability page. Both major outlets as well as many smaller, regional shops claim to be selling entire shipments despite receiving new units each day; Apple itself continues to list extended shipping delays for direct orders and ranks the Air as its strongest-selling computer more than a month after early shipments began.
Intel tonight kicked off Germany's CeBIT expo with the unveiling of Atom, a new processor line specifically tailored towards ultra-mobile PCs, mobile Internet devices (MIDs), and other handhelds. Previously nicknamed either Silverthorne or Diamondville, the processor series is built on the same 45 nanometer manufacturing process as newer Core 2 chips and shares the same instruction set, but is far smaller: a single US penny is large enough to fit 11 Atom processor dies, Intel touts. While simpler at 47 million transistors, this and size reduction techniques reduce its power use to between 0.6 and 2.5 watts, enough to fit in very small spaces.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies