Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MS Axes X360 HD DVD Drive
Microsoft today made an unusual weekend announcement and said it would halt sales of the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player, its USB add-on drive. The move is the expected result of Toshiba's shutdown of the format and will leave sales to existing models already in shops. Support will continue throughout the HD DVD player's normal warranty, Microsoft says. No additional price cuts have been listed so far beyond the drop to $130 that was revealed just before Toshiba's revelation that it would phase out the HD movie disc standard.
iPhone SDK Delay Leak
Apple's promised iPhone SDK (software developer kit) may not meet its February release target, a reported source tells BusinessWeek. No explanation is given for the delay, though the alleged insider claims the circumstances of the release are "fluid" and that the delay could involve as little as one week or as many as three. Depending on circumstances, Apple may choose to release only selective information or nothing at all in the last week of February, waiting until March to uncover full details.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 28 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Tim Cook addresses retail, commences 'inclusion training' company-wide - 7 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies