toggle

AAPL Stock: 100.86 ( 0 )

Printed from http://www.macnn.com

HandBrake 0.9.2 adds AppleTV Take 2 support

updated 05:25 pm EST, Wed February 20, 2008

HandBrake 0.9.2

A new version of the DVD ripping tool, HandBrake v0.9.2, has been released. HandBrake is open-source utility that converts DVDs into the MPEG-4 format. The new release incorporates many major and exciting changes--including full support for the AppleTV Take 2 and the latest iPhone/iPod Touch firmware. This release is only compatible with Mac OS X Leopard 10.5. Also included is support for Dolby Digital 5.1 (AC3) sound in MP4 files, providing a better DVD experience on the AppleTV and in Perian. Other new features include multi-track audio support for Apple devices and iPhone-compatible anamorphic video at its full size.

HandBrake is free. It can use any DVD-like source: VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (encrypted or unencrypted, but protection methods other than CSS are not supported and must be handled externally with third-party software), and some .VOB and .TS files





by MacNN Staff

POST TOOLS:

TAGS :

toggle

Comments

  1. Guest

    Joined: Dec 1969

    0

    Extreme Icon Makeover

    Its time to change this applications icon. Meet the design team... for an Extreme Icon Makeover...

  1. rubaiyat

    Joined: Dec 1969

    0

    A great app!

    It is a really great program which does what it is supposed to, 95% of the time. The other 5% it crashes when it hits a bad spot on a DVD.

    The GUI (and icon) need some work. It is easy to slip up on some little detail because it is hidden in some other view. Like missing the subtitles or that you left it on black & white for the last RIP.

    Just one question why is this (and increasingly other apps) Leopard only? Surely Tiger has been OK up till now, what's so essential about leopard?

  1. rubaiyat

    Joined: Dec 1969

    0

    Bug

    btw If you had it announce the update for 0.9.2 in Tiger you may find it no longer lets you click on "Source".

    Go to your preferences, click off the "check for latest" and restart Handbrake. That should fix the problem.

    I'm very disappointed that they have dropped support for Tiger whilst still so few users have upgraded to Leopard.

    That's the price of freeware, they have no incentive , nor resources, to meet users needs. They are simply doing it for themselves.

Login Here

Not a member of the MacNN forums? Register now for free.

toggle

Network Headlines

toggle

Most Popular

MacNN Sponsor

Recent Reviews

Autodesk Smoke 2015

Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...

Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD

While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...

Narrative Clip

With the advent of social media technology, people have been searching for new ways to share the events of their daily lives -- be it ...

toggle

Most Commented