Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Verizon Unlimited Soon
Verizon hopes to fight AT&T soon with genuinely unlimited calling and data plans, according to multiple reports. Beginning as early as Tuesday, the carrier is allegedly poised to offer several tiers that offer increasing amounts of unlimited service. A comparatively basic plan will start at $100 per month for unlimited calling in the US, without roaming charges; $120, $140, $150, and $170 plans will add messaging, V CAST video and VZ Navigator, e-mail, and ultimately international data to the plan. Family plans should also be available that maintain similar rates for each additional line.
Toshiba Mulls HD DVD Pull
Toshiba is reviewing whether or not it will continue the HD DVD format, the company said Monday morning in a public statement. The Japanese electronics firm neither confirmed nor denied claims by national broadcaster NHK that it would halt HD DVD production outright but has admitted that it is reconsidering its position on the HD movie disc standard. The comment is the first public acknowledgement by Toshiba that it may need to discontinue the format after a succession of key studio and retail losses.
Samsung ACE M520 at Sprint
Sprint today has quietly rolled two Samsung phones into its collection, including its first direct rival to AT&T's BlackJack II. The pictured ACE shares some of the body style of the earlier phone but is designed explicitly for world roaming: it includes both Sprint's native CDMA as well as GSM, allowing the phone to connect in Europe and other regions without swapping phones. The handset is 3G-capable on CDMA but is capped at 2G-level EDGE access abroad. Samsung also equips the phone with GPS for assisted navigation and a 1.3-megapixel camera. In Sprint trim, the phone sells for either $200 with a two-year contract or $450 without the commitment.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Review: Alsoft DiskWarrior 5.0 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Opinion: Where is my Apple Watch? - 12 replies
- Researcher: MacKeeper software has critical security flaw - 11 replies
- First Look: Microsoft Surface 3 - 8 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 7 replies
- Microsoft reveals six versions of Windows 10 inbound this summer - 6 replies
- Apple, Leica working to resolve bug that could corrupt Photos library - 6 replies
- Review: FileMaker Pro 14 (OS X, iOS, Windows) - 5 replies
- Pointers: Make 'Hey Siri' work on Apple Watch - 5 replies
- Verizon, Sprint agree to pay $158M settlement with FCC over 'cramming' - 5 replies