Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Verizon Unlimited Soon
Verizon hopes to fight AT&T soon with genuinely unlimited calling and data plans, according to multiple reports. Beginning as early as Tuesday, the carrier is allegedly poised to offer several tiers that offer increasing amounts of unlimited service. A comparatively basic plan will start at $100 per month for unlimited calling in the US, without roaming charges; $120, $140, $150, and $170 plans will add messaging, V CAST video and VZ Navigator, e-mail, and ultimately international data to the plan. Family plans should also be available that maintain similar rates for each additional line.
Toshiba Mulls HD DVD Pull
Toshiba is reviewing whether or not it will continue the HD DVD format, the company said Monday morning in a public statement. The Japanese electronics firm neither confirmed nor denied claims by national broadcaster NHK that it would halt HD DVD production outright but has admitted that it is reconsidering its position on the HD movie disc standard. The comment is the first public acknowledgement by Toshiba that it may need to discontinue the format after a succession of key studio and retail losses.
Samsung ACE M520 at Sprint
Sprint today has quietly rolled two Samsung phones into its collection, including its first direct rival to AT&T's BlackJack II. The pictured ACE shares some of the body style of the earlier phone but is designed explicitly for world roaming: it includes both Sprint's native CDMA as well as GSM, allowing the phone to connect in Europe and other regions without swapping phones. The handset is 3G-capable on CDMA but is capped at 2G-level EDGE access abroad. Samsung also equips the phone with GPS for assisted navigation and a 1.3-megapixel camera. In Sprint trim, the phone sells for either $200 with a two-year contract or $450 without the commitment.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 25 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 18 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Security flaw in iOS 9 discovered, could expose photos, contacts - 11 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies