Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Verizon Unlimited Soon
Verizon hopes to fight AT&T soon with genuinely unlimited calling and data plans, according to multiple reports. Beginning as early as Tuesday, the carrier is allegedly poised to offer several tiers that offer increasing amounts of unlimited service. A comparatively basic plan will start at $100 per month for unlimited calling in the US, without roaming charges; $120, $140, $150, and $170 plans will add messaging, V CAST video and VZ Navigator, e-mail, and ultimately international data to the plan. Family plans should also be available that maintain similar rates for each additional line.
Toshiba Mulls HD DVD Pull
Toshiba is reviewing whether or not it will continue the HD DVD format, the company said Monday morning in a public statement. The Japanese electronics firm neither confirmed nor denied claims by national broadcaster NHK that it would halt HD DVD production outright but has admitted that it is reconsidering its position on the HD movie disc standard. The comment is the first public acknowledgement by Toshiba that it may need to discontinue the format after a succession of key studio and retail losses.
Samsung ACE M520 at Sprint
Sprint today has quietly rolled two Samsung phones into its collection, including its first direct rival to AT&T's BlackJack II. The pictured ACE shares some of the body style of the earlier phone but is designed explicitly for world roaming: it includes both Sprint's native CDMA as well as GSM, allowing the phone to connect in Europe and other regions without swapping phones. The handset is 3G-capable on CDMA but is capped at 2G-level EDGE access abroad. Samsung also equips the phone with GPS for assisted navigation and a 1.3-megapixel camera. In Sprint trim, the phone sells for either $200 with a two-year contract or $450 without the commitment.
Home automation fans have been getting their fair share of gadgets and accessories in the last few years. Starting with light bulbs, a ...Razer Kraken Pro headset
Gaming headphones are a challenge to get right, for a long list of reasons that are unique to the consumer buying them. Some shoppers ...Patriot Aero Wireless Mobile Drive
Regardless of how large a tablet you buy, you always want more space. There's always one more movie or another album you'd cram on, ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies
- New iTunes 11.3 brings iTunes Extras for HD movies - 7 replies
- Apple's iPad may pose risks for people with nickel allergies - 7 replies