Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple should buy AMD
Apple should buy AMD, according to a report that outlines the ten reasons to do so. Financial analysis website Seeking Alpha has created a top ten list of reasons that it thinks Apple should buy processor manufacturer AMD. The report argues that Apple's best features, such as its system architecture, operating system, and applications will compliment AMD's multi-core CPUs and energy saving technology. The new AMD Spider chip that combines the processor and graphics chipset would be a benefit, and with Apple's unique position, they could still sell to AMD's current customers and it would not compete with either of the companies' customer bases. Intel would gain a more balanced competitor, and he says that Apple's solid financial situation could speed up AMD/ATI's technology innovation process.
eZines for iPhone
Digital media publisher Texterity recently announced the availability of over 52 publications available for iPhone and iPod touch users. The company released a beta in the summer of 2007, and due to Apple's immediate and potential future success with the iPhone, has grown the collection of publications by 200-percent since that time, with plans to add more in the coming months. Since the project beta, the 1.0 release of the service has improved performance and easier access to content, and Texterity has certified mobile service to function completely with the latest implementation of Safari on the iPhone and iPod touch. All of the content provided by the service will occupy a single browser window, and will support full search capabilities, with easy access to links, table of contents, and subscriptions.
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- One-off (Product) RED Mac Pro fetches $977,000 at auction - 13 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- WD Black 2 Dual Drive combines SSD, HDD into non-hybrid format - 6 replies