Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple should buy AMD
Apple should buy AMD, according to a report that outlines the ten reasons to do so. Financial analysis website Seeking Alpha has created a top ten list of reasons that it thinks Apple should buy processor manufacturer AMD. The report argues that Apple's best features, such as its system architecture, operating system, and applications will compliment AMD's multi-core CPUs and energy saving technology. The new AMD Spider chip that combines the processor and graphics chipset would be a benefit, and with Apple's unique position, they could still sell to AMD's current customers and it would not compete with either of the companies' customer bases. Intel would gain a more balanced competitor, and he says that Apple's solid financial situation could speed up AMD/ATI's technology innovation process.
eZines for iPhone
Digital media publisher Texterity recently announced the availability of over 52 publications available for iPhone and iPod touch users. The company released a beta in the summer of 2007, and due to Apple's immediate and potential future success with the iPhone, has grown the collection of publications by 200-percent since that time, with plans to add more in the coming months. Since the project beta, the 1.0 release of the service has improved performance and easier access to content, and Texterity has certified mobile service to function completely with the latest implementation of Safari on the iPhone and iPod touch. All of the content provided by the service will occupy a single browser window, and will support full search capabilities, with easy access to links, table of contents, and subscriptions.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies