Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
NewsWeek today provided the first look at the Amazon Kindle (link to be active soon), the company's first eBook reader and self-made electronics of any kind. As suggested by numerous leaks, the reader is designed as the first eBook reader to be in constant contact with the Internet. A new network service, dubbed Whispernet, will let the device reach a new Amazon eBook store to buy books as well as subscribe to digital versions of the New York Times and other newspapers as well as magazines; unlike past readers, this will be accessible not just from a local hotspot over Wi-Fi but a special connection through Sprint's EVDO cellular access in the US. This will let readers keep track of the latest books even on vacation and is intended by Amazon to be the "iPod of reading," according to NewsWeek.
It's inevitable, at some point somebody needs a hardcopy of a document. Paper never runs out of battery charge, after all. Our Mom, j ...Linksys WRT1200AC Wi-Fi Router
Once upon a time, a brand-new Linksys router showed up on our doorstep. So we gathered some network-minded friends together, and hooke ...Rapoo A300 Mini Bluetooth NFC Speaker
The Rapoo Bluetooth Mini NFC Speaker is a little metallic box about the size of a baseball. In spite of its small size, we were very p ...
10 Most Discussed
- First Look: All-new 12-inch Apple MacBook - 18 replies
- Backup Utility Smackdown (OS X) - 17 replies
- The Feature Thief: Apple taketh away, sometimes giveth back - 15 replies
- Google cuts YouTube support for older Apple TV, Google TV, iOS devices - 9 replies
- Retina 12-inch MacBook teardowns reveal low repairability - 9 replies
- Researcher: OS X 'Rootpipe' attack fix not reliable, attacks possible - 8 replies
- Pointers: don't forward your OS X Mail, redirect it - 8 replies
- Living With and Without: Time Machine - 7 replies
- New Apple Watch bands revealed by Ive, Newson at Milan showcase - 7 replies
- Hands On: Sue Doku 2.0.0 (iOS) - 6 replies