Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
NewsWeek today provided the first look at the Amazon Kindle (link to be active soon), the company's first eBook reader and self-made electronics of any kind. As suggested by numerous leaks, the reader is designed as the first eBook reader to be in constant contact with the Internet. A new network service, dubbed Whispernet, will let the device reach a new Amazon eBook store to buy books as well as subscribe to digital versions of the New York Times and other newspapers as well as magazines; unlike past readers, this will be accessible not just from a local hotspot over Wi-Fi but a special connection through Sprint's EVDO cellular access in the US. This will let readers keep track of the latest books even on vacation and is intended by Amazon to be the "iPod of reading," according to NewsWeek.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Hands On: Tile Bluetooth Object Tracker - 6 replies