updated 08:45 pm EST, Wed November 14, 2007
Aabel, TranslateIt, more
- Aabel 2.4 ($445) updates Gigawiz's application that integrates statistics, scientific graphing, and thematic mapping into a single package. The new plugin-enabled version supports the new Aabel Stats Plug-in SDK 1.0, which allows users to write their own statistical methods and use open-source code; Aabel allows statistical analysis from multiple data sources without reordering data into a single worksheet as well as dynamic data exploration using tools to walk through hierarchies of numeric or categorical data, and interactive filtering based on data patterns. [Download - 15.1MB]
- TranslateIt! for Mac 8.6 ($50) is a multilingual dictionary that allows users to look up words on-the-fly by simply hovering the pointer over an unfamiliar word (in any Cocoa Application) to see its translation in a pop-up window. In addition, it supports translation from clipboard, drag-and-drop translation, manual input of queries in the main window, double-clicking the translation of words in dictionary entries displayed in the main window, and English and German pronunciation guides. It will also print flash cards, offer a quick quiz, and allow custom dictionaries. The shareware is available as a 20-day trial with a 1-year license ($20). [Download - 18MB]
- Digieffects today announced that some of its plugins for Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, and Autodesk Combustion are now available as Universal Binaries for native operation on Intel- and PowerPC-based Macs. The company said that versions of Delirium, Berserk, and Aurorix are now available as free updates. The company said that Universal Binary versions of Digieffects Fantazm, Buena Effects Pack, and Buena Effects Essentials will be available in early 2008.
- Smart Trash 1.1.2 ($10) is a shareware application that enhances the functions of the Mac OS X trash by adding several menu options including: selective file deletion, extensive logging, the ability to empty the trash on specific volumes, and more. The latest version brings compatibility with Mac OS 10.5, mproves the overall functionality, and fixes other bugs. It is a Universal Binary for native operation on both PowerPC- and Intel-based Macs. [Download - 2MB]
- Colorate 1.2 (donationware) update the utility for creation of harmonic color palettes, aimed from hobbyst to professional designers. Colorate fully automatizes the palette generation from a particular color swatch, selected from the standard Color Panel, dragged from other application or obtained from an image through the integrated Image Analyze feature. It also lets users save the selected palettes as standard ".clr" system palette files. Version 1.2 offers custom palette blending; new German, Danish and Hungarian localizations; better inner color calculations, and more. [Download - 1.4MB]