updated 03:55 pm EST, Tue November 13, 2007
EarthDesk, Fetch, Curio
- EarthDesk 4.1 ($24) is a real-time dynamic desktop map; version 4.1 adds a new map option for a natural view of the Earth from space as well as Leopard support. EarthDesk replaces the static desktop with an image of the Earth showing current sun, moon and city illumination, as well as real-time global cloud coverage, allowing users to track hurricanes and other weather systems. It requires Mac OS X 10.4; upgrades are available for $12. [Download - 7MB]
- Fetch 5.3 ($25) is a new version of the original Macintosh file transfer program tailored for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard; it brings an updated appearance, improved Leopard compatibility, and support for Leopard code signing, making the system keychain and the new Leopard application firewall more convenient to use. In addition, Fetch can now upload files to servers using the familiar Copy and Paste commands, and a new preference offers better control over Fetch's extensive file decoding support. [Download - 16MB]
- Curio 4.1 (starting at $100) updates the brainstorming and project management application with a Leopard QuickLook plugin for immediate previewing of Curio projects within the Finder as well as one-click screen snapshots. Version 4.1 also integrates with the newly announced Curio Community Center for quick and easy sharing of mind map styles, list styles, notepaper styles, Dossier templates, and Sleuth search sites. It is available in Professional ($150), Standard ($100), and K-12 ($70) editions. [Download - Pro, Standard, Pro, K-12 ]
- Fanurio 1.8 ($40) is a time-tracking and billing application designed for freelancers. Users can easily organize work, track time and create invoices. Fanurio can export its data to a CSV or Excel file, Version 1.8 offers discounts support, the ability to export invoices directly to PDF, a time report for projects, a reminder to start the timer, an improved idle time notifier, and drag and drop support for project items. The Universal Binary supports Mac OS X 10.3 Tiger and later and is available as a 30-day demo. [Download - 10MB]
- launch2net 1.6.23 (75€) supports the Sony Ericsson K850i mobile phone as well and fixes some minor bugs. The applications allows to set-up and use mobile Internet connections worldwide and supports most mobile phones, USB-modems and datacards; it already includes drivers and network access information for a "hassle-free" online experience for high-speed HSDPA and 3G UMTS connections with up to 3.6 Mbit/s download speed (HSDPA) as well as standard EDGE and GPRS protocols. It requires Mac OS 10.4.3 and higher and is compatible with Leopard.
- Cha-Ching 1.2 ($40) is a money manager application with a slick interface that uses advanced functionality built into Mac OS X. Version 1.2 offers local backups, the ability to pay a bill from the Master Vault, Leopard graphical enhancements, sorting based on tags, rules for Smart Folder Creation, better filtering and more. The software can manage checking, savings and credit card accounts as well as offer integrated viewing of online banking account (or QIF import of files directly into Cha-Ching). Users can also create budgets, schedule transactions, and more. The Universal Binary requires Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later. [Download - 20MB]