Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Intel 45nm Core 2 and Xeon
As promised, Intel today released its first processors based on 45-nanometer manufacturing process and the accompanying new Penryn architecture. The unveiling is headlined by the Xeon 5400, according to the company. Billed as one of the fastest processors ever for workstations and servers, the new model uses the reduced power and heat demands of 45nm to increase the clock speed of a quad-core chip to a new high of 3.2GHz while also increasing the system bus speed to 1.6GHz and the level 2 cache to 12MB. These increases combine with new features to set new records for speed while also reducing the overall size and running more efficiently, Intel claims through its tests.
￼The half moon design speaks about what to expect overall from the Pure Contour i1 Air Dock: it is a speaker that looks to blend int ...STM Studio for iPad Air
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies
- Qualcomm Gimbal Bluetooth beacons to compete with Apple's iBeacon - 6 replies