Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
1360 Studios' TMP for Mac
Software developer 1360 Studios has released Transcript Manager Pro, which it claims is the "first ever" real-time transcript management software for the Mac. The software is designed to allow attorneys to connect to court reporters while in deposition or court, and get a live feed of the court transcript. Released for Windows last year, 1360 said it decided to release a Mac version of Transcript Manager Pro to allow clients to run the software on their platform of choice, rather than conforming to a standard. The software is available from 1360 Studio's website for $650.
Sans Digital's new ES104TI
Sans Digital has introduced the EliteSTOR ES104TI, a 1U four-bay JBOD rackmount that supports both Serial ATA drives and serial-attached-SCSI drives. The ES104TI is a revised version of the ES104T, differing from the latter by offering SAS support by using Infiniband - which is also known as Multilane, SAS 4x or SFF-8470. Infiniband offers transfer speeds of up to 2.5GB/sec and support for up to 64,000 addressable devices as well as as increased reliability, better sharing of data between clustered processors, and built-in security. The rackmount unit supports four hot-swappable drives, allowing up to one terabyte per drive-sled. Sans Digital has not given pricing or availability as of the announcement.
Leopard security holes
Apple's Mac OS X Leopard operating system was designed be more secure, but industry professionals are saying that the OS has some serious security flaws that should be priority for the Mac OS team. Heise Security has discovered several vulnerabilities that may cause trouble for users, including a large flaw in the firewall: Leopard's firewall is deactivated by default, but even when it is present, it is said to allow all incoming connections - trusted or not - which eliminates the point of a firewall almost entirely.
Looking for a pair of headphones that can do everything a user requires is a task that can take some study. Trying to decide on in-ear ...MaxUpgrades 512GB Retina MacBook Pro SSD
Apple's Retina line of MacBook Pro notebooks have been impressive, right from their debut in 2012. Thinner than the previous model, t ...Lemur BlueDriver
"Oh no, the check engine light is on…again! What one of the hundreds of reasons could it be this time? Probably going to cost a for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple pursuing 'aggressive expansion' in enterprise market - 15 replies
- Opinion: Senator Ted Cruz off the mark with net neutrality comments - 15 replies
- Spotify paid over $2B in royalties, CEO responds to Taylor Swift - 12 replies
- FCC chairman rejects President's call for Title II ISP regulation - 11 replies
- AT&T could shelve gigabit fiber investments over net neutrality rules - 10 replies
- Apple must face lawsuit over iMessage's lost texts, says Judge Koh - 10 replies
- First Look: Apple iMac with 5K Retina Display - 10 replies
- Some Safari users experiencing severe YouTube playback problems - 9 replies
- President Obama voices support for Title II reclassification of ISPs - 9 replies
- Upp hydrogen fuel cell available in Apple Stores in United Kingdom - 7 replies