Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
1360 Studios' TMP for Mac
Software developer 1360 Studios has released Transcript Manager Pro, which it claims is the "first ever" real-time transcript management software for the Mac. The software is designed to allow attorneys to connect to court reporters while in deposition or court, and get a live feed of the court transcript. Released for Windows last year, 1360 said it decided to release a Mac version of Transcript Manager Pro to allow clients to run the software on their platform of choice, rather than conforming to a standard. The software is available from 1360 Studio's website for $650.
Sans Digital's new ES104TI
Sans Digital has introduced the EliteSTOR ES104TI, a 1U four-bay JBOD rackmount that supports both Serial ATA drives and serial-attached-SCSI drives. The ES104TI is a revised version of the ES104T, differing from the latter by offering SAS support by using Infiniband - which is also known as Multilane, SAS 4x or SFF-8470. Infiniband offers transfer speeds of up to 2.5GB/sec and support for up to 64,000 addressable devices as well as as increased reliability, better sharing of data between clustered processors, and built-in security. The rackmount unit supports four hot-swappable drives, allowing up to one terabyte per drive-sled. Sans Digital has not given pricing or availability as of the announcement.
Leopard security holes
Apple's Mac OS X Leopard operating system was designed be more secure, but industry professionals are saying that the OS has some serious security flaws that should be priority for the Mac OS team. Heise Security has discovered several vulnerabilities that may cause trouble for users, including a large flaw in the firewall: Leopard's firewall is deactivated by default, but even when it is present, it is said to allow all incoming connections - trusted or not - which eliminates the point of a firewall almost entirely.
It is an exciting time for consumer technology, with gadgets and devices that once used to the stuff of dreams now coming to fruition. ...JBL Synchros Reflect in-ear headphones
All headphones are not created equally, especially when it comes to use during vigorous activities or workouts. Over-the-ear headphone ...Bracketron Power Flex external battery
When we're traveling or just generally out and about, we've taken to bringing a tablet and Bluetooth keyboard with us, rather than a ...
10 Most Discussed
- The Feature Thief: Apple taketh away, sometimes giveth back - 23 replies
- First Look: All-new 12-inch Apple MacBook - 18 replies
- Backup Utility Smackdown (OS X) - 17 replies
- Retina 12-inch MacBook teardowns reveal low repairability - 9 replies
- Google cuts YouTube support for older Apple TV, Google TV, iOS devices - 9 replies
- Pointers: don't forward your OS X Mail, redirect it - 8 replies
- Researcher: OS X 'Rootpipe' attack fix not reliable, attacks possible - 8 replies
- Living With and Without: Time Machine - 7 replies
- New Apple Watch bands revealed by Ive, Newson at Milan showcase - 7 replies
- Hands On: Sue Doku 2.0.0 (iOS) - 6 replies