Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
1360 Studios' TMP for Mac
Software developer 1360 Studios has released Transcript Manager Pro, which it claims is the "first ever" real-time transcript management software for the Mac. The software is designed to allow attorneys to connect to court reporters while in deposition or court, and get a live feed of the court transcript. Released for Windows last year, 1360 said it decided to release a Mac version of Transcript Manager Pro to allow clients to run the software on their platform of choice, rather than conforming to a standard. The software is available from 1360 Studio's website for $650.
Sans Digital's new ES104TI
Sans Digital has introduced the EliteSTOR ES104TI, a 1U four-bay JBOD rackmount that supports both Serial ATA drives and serial-attached-SCSI drives. The ES104TI is a revised version of the ES104T, differing from the latter by offering SAS support by using Infiniband - which is also known as Multilane, SAS 4x or SFF-8470. Infiniband offers transfer speeds of up to 2.5GB/sec and support for up to 64,000 addressable devices as well as as increased reliability, better sharing of data between clustered processors, and built-in security. The rackmount unit supports four hot-swappable drives, allowing up to one terabyte per drive-sled. Sans Digital has not given pricing or availability as of the announcement.
Leopard security holes
Apple's Mac OS X Leopard operating system was designed be more secure, but industry professionals are saying that the OS has some serious security flaws that should be priority for the Mac OS team. Heise Security has discovered several vulnerabilities that may cause trouble for users, including a large flaw in the firewall: Leopard's firewall is deactivated by default, but even when it is present, it is said to allow all incoming connections - trusted or not - which eliminates the point of a firewall almost entirely.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 32 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Apple Music subscriptions kill ALAC playback on iOS - 13 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- My Stupid Fault: don't look back in anger - 8 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Appeals court opens door to FTC oversight of corporate cyber security - 6 replies