Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
1360 Studios' TMP for Mac
Software developer 1360 Studios has released Transcript Manager Pro, which it claims is the "first ever" real-time transcript management software for the Mac. The software is designed to allow attorneys to connect to court reporters while in deposition or court, and get a live feed of the court transcript. Released for Windows last year, 1360 said it decided to release a Mac version of Transcript Manager Pro to allow clients to run the software on their platform of choice, rather than conforming to a standard. The software is available from 1360 Studio's website for $650.
Sans Digital's new ES104TI
Sans Digital has introduced the EliteSTOR ES104TI, a 1U four-bay JBOD rackmount that supports both Serial ATA drives and serial-attached-SCSI drives. The ES104TI is a revised version of the ES104T, differing from the latter by offering SAS support by using Infiniband - which is also known as Multilane, SAS 4x or SFF-8470. Infiniband offers transfer speeds of up to 2.5GB/sec and support for up to 64,000 addressable devices as well as as increased reliability, better sharing of data between clustered processors, and built-in security. The rackmount unit supports four hot-swappable drives, allowing up to one terabyte per drive-sled. Sans Digital has not given pricing or availability as of the announcement.
Leopard security holes
Apple's Mac OS X Leopard operating system was designed be more secure, but industry professionals are saying that the OS has some serious security flaws that should be priority for the Mac OS team. Heise Security has discovered several vulnerabilities that may cause trouble for users, including a large flaw in the firewall: Leopard's firewall is deactivated by default, but even when it is present, it is said to allow all incoming connections - trusted or not - which eliminates the point of a firewall almost entirely.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies