Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iPhone unlock firm threat
AT&T on Saturday has reportedly threatened legal action against a company that claims to have produced a software-unlock solution for Apple's iPhone. iphoneunlocking.com, a subsidiary of UniquePhones, promised to deliver the remote software unlocking services for the iPhone at 12 noon EST on Saturday, before it received a call from AT&T's lawyers early Saturday morning. Unlike recent reports, the company's software-based unlock solution has not been publicly demonstrated or confirmed. The lawyers, representing the US largest carrier, cited copyright infringement and illegal software dissemination, leading UniquePhones to seek additional legal advice and hold off on offering the unlocking service. [story updated]
Palm Centro Photo Leak
What appear to be official product shots of the Palm Centro have been leaked, courtesy of a tip to Gizmodo. In stark contrast to earlier leaks that had shown the phone in a plastic white, the finshed model is black with a more professional aluminum trim. The QWERTY keypad also appears to have been redesigned to be easier to strike while still reducing the size well below that of the Treo, backing claims that the Centro is targeted at younger buyers.
With over-the-top content options growing past Hulu and Netflix, consumers may be finding it harder to justify paying a monthly fee fo ...Sound Blaster Roar Bluetooth speaker
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...
10 Most Discussed
- CurrentC CEO, COO field questions about data breach, Apple Pay block - 23 replies
- CVS throws in with Rite Aid, blocks Apple Pay and Google Wallet - 22 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out as gay in new essay - 17 replies
- Apple responds to CVS, Rite Aid blocking Apple Pay - 17 replies
- CurrentC payment system customer emails stolen - 14 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the new $499 Mac mini - 13 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- Amex web page promotes Apple Pay, adds directions for linking cards - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies