Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iPhone unlock firm threat
AT&T on Saturday has reportedly threatened legal action against a company that claims to have produced a software-unlock solution for Apple's iPhone. iphoneunlocking.com, a subsidiary of UniquePhones, promised to deliver the remote software unlocking services for the iPhone at 12 noon EST on Saturday, before it received a call from AT&T's lawyers early Saturday morning. Unlike recent reports, the company's software-based unlock solution has not been publicly demonstrated or confirmed. The lawyers, representing the US largest carrier, cited copyright infringement and illegal software dissemination, leading UniquePhones to seek additional legal advice and hold off on offering the unlocking service. [story updated]
Palm Centro Photo Leak
What appear to be official product shots of the Palm Centro have been leaked, courtesy of a tip to Gizmodo. In stark contrast to earlier leaks that had shown the phone in a plastic white, the finshed model is black with a more professional aluminum trim. The QWERTY keypad also appears to have been redesigned to be easier to strike while still reducing the size well below that of the Treo, backing claims that the Centro is targeted at younger buyers.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Hands On: Griffin Powermate Bluetooth - 9 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Hands On: Twitter 3.1.0 (OS X) - 6 replies
- Pono struggling to expand due to lack of resources, no new CEO - 6 replies