Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iPhone unlock firm threat
AT&T on Saturday has reportedly threatened legal action against a company that claims to have produced a software-unlock solution for Apple's iPhone. iphoneunlocking.com, a subsidiary of UniquePhones, promised to deliver the remote software unlocking services for the iPhone at 12 noon EST on Saturday, before it received a call from AT&T's lawyers early Saturday morning. Unlike recent reports, the company's software-based unlock solution has not been publicly demonstrated or confirmed. The lawyers, representing the US largest carrier, cited copyright infringement and illegal software dissemination, leading UniquePhones to seek additional legal advice and hold off on offering the unlocking service. [story updated]
Palm Centro Photo Leak
What appear to be official product shots of the Palm Centro have been leaked, courtesy of a tip to Gizmodo. In stark contrast to earlier leaks that had shown the phone in a plastic white, the finshed model is black with a more professional aluminum trim. The QWERTY keypad also appears to have been redesigned to be easier to strike while still reducing the size well below that of the Treo, backing claims that the Centro is targeted at younger buyers.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 14 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies