Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iPhone unlock firm threat
AT&T on Saturday has reportedly threatened legal action against a company that claims to have produced a software-unlock solution for Apple's iPhone. iphoneunlocking.com, a subsidiary of UniquePhones, promised to deliver the remote software unlocking services for the iPhone at 12 noon EST on Saturday, before it received a call from AT&T's lawyers early Saturday morning. Unlike recent reports, the company's software-based unlock solution has not been publicly demonstrated or confirmed. The lawyers, representing the US largest carrier, cited copyright infringement and illegal software dissemination, leading UniquePhones to seek additional legal advice and hold off on offering the unlocking service. [story updated]
Palm Centro Photo Leak
What appear to be official product shots of the Palm Centro have been leaked, courtesy of a tip to Gizmodo. In stark contrast to earlier leaks that had shown the phone in a plastic white, the finshed model is black with a more professional aluminum trim. The QWERTY keypad also appears to have been redesigned to be easier to strike while still reducing the size well below that of the Treo, backing claims that the Centro is targeted at younger buyers.
Sometimes, people need to scan things, but having a computer at hand to do so isn't exactly feasible. Maybe it's the home of a relat ...Dell AD211 Bluetooth speaker
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- Obama wants stronger cyber-security laws in 2015 - 12 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 12 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 12 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies
- Apple to charge VAT per-country at European App Stores - 6 replies
- CalDigit reveals $200 Thunderbolt Station 2 - 6 replies