updated 08:00 am EDT, Wed June 27, 2007
- BetterZip 1.5 ($20) lets users quickly inspect archives without first extracting their contents. The latest release offers a preview that displays images, PDF documents, HTML pages, and text files in a drawer without the need to launch external programs. BetterZip 1.5 also brings support for opening and extracting SIT archives alongside support for MacBinary, BinHex, and DiskDoubler archives. [Download - 3.3MB]
- Bin-it 1.3 ($13) is a free update to the desktop trash can utility that adds customizable themes. Bin-it 1.3 allows users to drag-and-drop custom bin designs to create new themes, and supports the addition of two sounds to custom themes to represent trashing files as well as emptying the trash. [Download - 1.6MB]
- DiscLabel 4.3 ($35) enhances the CD/DVD label design software for Mac OS X, enabling users to import images from iDVD themes. DiscLabel enables users to import track lists or images from various applications, and prints to most label/paper types while working with direct-to-CD printers and printable CDs/DVDs. The latest revision includes major usability enhancements to image effects, and offers miscellaneous printing improvements. [Download - 14.1MB]
- Additune 33 Beta (free) is a public test version of the Mac-only music recommendation application designed to help users grow existing iTunes playlists by reviewing the unique mood of each playlist. The software requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later, and promises to protect personal information by ensuring all library contents remain anonymous. [Download - 307KB]
- DAQ Plot 10.4.43 (unknown) is an online temperature lab that writes a graph to an online image to show up-to-date temperature information. The latest release includes improved device-level multi-processing to enable faster launches as well as quicker changes in hardware state. The update also includes more than 1,000 source-level improvements to facilitate compliance with public Mac OS X Leopard specifications.
- Virtual TimeClock 5.5.3 ($200) is a maintenance release of the time and attendance software designed for small to medium sized businesses that features several timecard backup optimizations. The update includes manual as well as scheduled backup support to iDisk volumes for .Mac members, and is free for all Virtual TimeClock 5.5 users as well as those enrolled in the Redcort Software Maintenance & Support program. [Download - 5.4MB]